Guess at 4.5 weeks??

SandyRiverChick

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Brightwood, OR
My Coop
My Coop
Only 3 chicks here: 1 RIR, 1 Buff, 1 BR.... Of the breeds I'm sure but of Gender, not so much..... I THINK the Buff is a pullet. RIR and BR.... ??? I know it's early and likely I need to come back again in a few weeks but you know.... Just thought I'd try!! Any takers?? They're moving outside today, whoop whoop!! THANKS!!
RIR1.PNG
RIR_BR1.PNG
BR2.PNG
BR1.PNG
3chicks.PNG

Attachments

• BO1.PNG
    BO1.PNG
    558.5 KB · Views: 2
Most hatchery quality RIRs feather at different speeds depending on sex, males feather slowly and females feather fast, i'm not sure where you got them but most hatcheries have this kind of RIR. If that is one of these RIRs then it is a pullet.

No expert here but looking like pullets. P.s I adore BR they are the sweetest breed I have. Very goofy and curious. <3
Thanks so much! And I appreciate the insight on BR! With my first flock I made the mistake of getting ALL RIR's -7 so it was just a blurr of red. Their names since I couldnt tell them apart.... Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken.... I love this little BR (she) is like you say really curious, always the first to run out at me - I always think she's saying HI, I like to party!! Thanks again!

Most hatchery quality RIRs feather at different speeds depending on sex, males feather slowly and females feather fast, i'm not sure where you got them but most hatcheries have this kind of RIR. If that is one of these RIRs then it is a pullet.
Great info. thank you!! I got them at a local feed store, so yes it was their hatcherie order. Also getting 2 started Lavender Pullets from a local breeder in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom