Guess on my BR

chick24

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 19, 2013
Only 3 weeks old, but pretty prominent comb already turning pink. What do you think? I really hope it's a pullet though cuz we can't keep a roo. :( (

Last edited:
Added another not sure it's a lot better though. I'll have to check my "real" camera and not just upload from my phone.

:( oh dear. No, that's my only BR. We got three mystery chicks as straight run (my sons preschool hatched them). Thats the only BR, the others are likely a black EE and a white leghorn. the EE has a much smaller comb, the leghorn is looking similar in comb growth but has been slower yo feather out. They are our first chickens. Was really hoping to keep all 3 but we can't have Roos here in the city.

I wonder if I should add another chick to my flock now? I mean, we'd love to have a backyard flock of three (limited space) and their is a good likelihood that at least one of these three is a roo and will have to go. :( But they are a nice little group and we're all kind of bonded. On the one hand, I could pick a breed I really want and get a sexed pullet, on the other hand, it's hard to imagine integrating someone new just yet.

Here's all 3 hanging out with me today :)

Last edited:
My BRs are the same age and I have one with a pink comb like that, too.

I was told that it's *probably* a roo, but it will be easy to tell in a week or 2 if waddles appear.

If you happen to be in the Las Vegas area I'd be happy to trade ya for a pullet
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom