Guess That Chicken! Game

Pics
[QUOTE="FeatherMtnFarms, post: 19684144, member: 37937bought.?[/QUOTE]
Correct!!:woot

They were accidentals. I bought some Cream Legbar hatching eggs from a guy nearby and set they under a broody. When the chicks were about a week old I noticed two chicjs had feathered legs. I called the guy, he had no idea what could have happened. After a little bit of talking I heard his mom (his parents own the birds) in the background, "What about when the others got out?". "Oh shoot!", he said when ge remembered. He told me that one day he let the Legbars out and somehow the Buff or Dark Brahmas escaped their pen and..... here we are :p

He gave me two free cream legbar pullet replacements, though

Last edited:
51474104-587E-42B1-8A34-961FAF2BB9D4.png

It means the pea comb is not dominate, right? (Just learning this in school so not a master yet but I'm interested in genetics so educate me!:D)
The pea comb and rose comb are dominant, represented by a capital P or R. Most Brahmas are homozygous for the pea comb represented by (P,P). A chicken with a single comb like a Leghorn has 2 recessive genes for the pea and rose comb. The Leghorns lack of dominant genes for the pea comb is represented by a lowercase p or r depending on what you are dealing with. So a Leghorn is recessive homozygous for the pea comb (p,p)

Back
Top Bottom