Guess the breed or gender!

Pics
I'm sorry, but she was a Leghorn. We breed her, raised her from birth. The photo is junk, but she was pure Leghorn. She had gotten Marek's and lost an eye, that's why her comb is dodgy, it went all floppy after she got Marek's.
No. She’s not a leghorn. She may have been white and laid white eggs but she isn’t a leghorn. She has a clear crest and modified single comb. Those are not leghorn traits.

How long have you had chickens? Just wanted to know.
Years.
If you’re questioning my experience, don’t. I have been a major contributor to the identification forum since I joined. I have books dedicated to breed standards piled up in my house.
Leghorns do not have crests. There’s no way around that. You hen has a crest with little black feathers in it.
So she cannot be pure leghorn.

Years.
If you’re questioning my experience, don’t. I have been a major contributor to the identification forum since I joined. I have books dedicated to breed standards piled up in my house.
Leghorns do not have crests. There’s no way around that. You hen has a crest with little black feathers in it.
So she cannot be pure leghorn.
I've had chickens for at least 13 years now. And her father and her mother were both pure leghorns. Good day.

Back
Top Bottom