Guess the breed or gender!

Funny story about her: in my article I was about to say all EEs have a beard and muff but then I thought of her and and how she doesn’t have a beard, I think it’s just a fluke though because she doesn’t have wattles either!
All she has is a bit of red skin stretched between her beak and throat with a few (emphasis on the “few”) little feathers growing on it😂

Out of my 3 EE, I have one with no beard or muff but the other two have them! The one w no nuff went about 4 weeks w no tail feathers but now they are long like the others. These genetics can be goofy!

Out of my 3 EE, I have one with no beard or muff but the other two have them! The one w no nuff went about 4 weeks w no tail feathers but now they are long like the others. These genetics can be goofy!
I know! I have a green queen EE who had a little curly corkscrew feather on her foot when she first feathered out and I hasn’t come back since! I still have the feather:
6CD36EFC-6A73-4BB3-A037-BF20B2FE5070.jpeg

Sorry the photo’s so blurry, the feather is about 1 cm when rolled up and about an inch and a half when unrolled!

I've had chickens for at least 13 years now. And her father and her mother were both pure leghorns. Good day.
Do you have pictures of her parents? Since crests are the result of a dominant gene, at least one of her parents must have had a crest. I agree that she is a leghorn mix.
It’s either my Buckeye or my New Hampshire...I cant tell which is which! I was hoping someone on here could! :gig
They are both production reds (New Hampshire red x RIR crosses). Their color isn’t correct for purebred New Hampshire reds and neither has the right comb for a buckeye (which would be a pea comb).
Funny story about her: in my article I was about to say all EEs have a beard and muff but then I thought of her and and how she doesn’t have a beard, I think it’s just a fluke though because she doesn’t have wattles either!
Beardless EEs aren’t too uncommon. Her small wattles are due to the pea comb gene, which usually restricts wattles even without a beard present.

Back
Top Bottom