Guess the possible breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hottchick, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hottchick

Hottchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    I know it is really early and it's too young to tell but I was hoping someone could give me some possible breeds of chicken that my new baby could be. The lady that sent me the eggs claims they were black sex-link. They're obviously not. I e-mailed her and asked her what other breed of chicken she raised because my baby is light yellow. She responded it must be a roo. I gave up from there, it's obvious I won't get an answer.

The eggs were a light brown. Which kind of light chicken has a brown egg? The chick looks like my Leghorns did as babies but there eggs are white.
    Any guesses? It's two days old[​IMG] now.

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Thats not a black sex link at all maybe a red sex link... if it is a red sex link then it's a roo

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Both sexes hatch out black on black sex links,if it was ablack sex link roos would hatch black with white dot on head.
    Could it be a red sex link roo,they hatch out like that.....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  4. Towns End

Towns End Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2011
    Maybe a white rock or buff orph.

5. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Looks like my Delaware and Buff Orps did as chicks. I have another one thrown in with the buff orps, but looks much whiter than them so I think one of the white leghorns were thrown in from the bin next to it... hard to tell with the yellow lighting what the color really is... is it more yellow/golden or white?

6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    I don't know what she crossed to get these "sexlinks" but there are some funky genetics going on there! Hope for a pretty mix [​IMG]

7. Hottchick

Hottchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    It's a little yellow chick. She obviously has no clue (the woman who sent me the eggs). I did egg-topsies one the ones that didn't make it and there were two more yellow and one black. And I don't know what's up with my camera.

I'm having a devil of a time trying to find some chicks for company. I can't find any anywhere.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by