GUESS WHAT!!??? She did it!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 77horses, Dec 11, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Yay! Guess what???!!!! Our Buff Orpington pullet(5 1/2 months old) laid an egg yesterday!!!!(12-10-08) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Her name is Setherina! Dad saw her squatting when he was feeding them, and when he came back a little while later, there was a small white egg on the floor! [​IMG] Now, she's laying more brown colored eggs(rather than white) and they got a little bigger! [​IMG] AND she's laying in the nest box! We already have 2 other pullets laying(Red Stars) and now she is too! Now we are waiting on Setherina's sister, Caramel. Can't wait! Hopefully we will get 4 instead of 3 eggs soon!
    Not to brag(or make anyone feel bad) but we have been having pretty good success with the girls egg-laying. [​IMG] Our two Red Star pullets started early and are now laying Medium-Large brown eggs, and now our Buff girl is laying! Our two old Red Stars stopped laying because of mites or something(which we are trying to get rid of), but other than that, we have had early bloomers! 4 chicks we got in Spring, now 3/4 are laying at 4-51/2 months! Not bad at all! I'm so proud of our girls! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Cheers for them all(especially Setherina!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL
    Thanks for reading! [​IMG]

2. MissChessy

MissChessy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] Congratulations! It's always exciting to find those very first eggs!

My hens are slacking on their egg laying capabilities. Guess it's too cold right now. We had some snow flurries down here on the Gulf Coast of Texas. A very unusual sight here.

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Way to go Setherina [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats [​IMG]

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg