Guess what was on the news...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joebwe25, Nov 14, 2008.

1. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    A report about chickens!!!
    Chicken keeping is getting really popular in the city!
    Our local news had a report about chickens and how great they are to have!
    See here: http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
    I noticed in the past few months lots of people I knew either just got, will soon get, or are thinking about getting chickens.
    Long live urban chickens!!!!![​IMG]
    BTW, Kirkwood is a very nice neighborhood and I am surprised that people really mind all those chickens!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Great!
    When we first got chickens we thought we'd be kind of unique for this area because there are so many farms with commercial chicken houses and you can't have backyard flocks if you raise commercial chickens.
    Now whenever we're out shopping at the farm store and such, my SO will tell people that we have a backyard flock and we're finding out lots of other folks do too.
    Oh and it's always my SO that brings the subject of our chickens up first in public. The same SO that doesn't like chickens and claims he'd cook em all if it weren't for my feelings. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Our back yard neighbor loves the fresh eggs.

We are getting lots of friends now who ask regularly about our eggs.

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I want the chicken palace! That was an awesome coop. I'm glad they mentioned that the chickens can eat kitchen scraps - I hadn't known that when I got my chickens and it really cuts down on feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by