Guess what we found in the chicken run *UPDATE*

She looks very sweet! Make sure the chickens don't peck her to death. I knew somebody that had a pair of doves in a huge aviary and the chickens killed one of them.
sad.png

I used to raise them and it looks like a male to me!! But how lucky for you and the bird I miss having them!!1

She is in the house now. Safe and sound. When we found her she was sitting on the perch right next to the chickens and they were pretending she didn't exist.

I only call it a "she" because it is so sweet and the cheeks aren't brilliant orange like some of the males.

Arlee I think it's young as well.
smile.png

Last edited:
She is sooo sweet Redfeather and lucky to have found you.....keep us all posted to her future......are you going to give her a name? go on you know you want to......

I'm so glad you found 'her' and are willing to give her a great home if you can't find the original owners. If they're looking for her I do hope they find her as that would be so awful to lose her.

I also find it sweet that she obviously was looking for friends and found your chickens who let her join them. I'm sure that helped 'de-stress' her.

Well a sad update to my little bird story. She just died...it was quick and I'm not sure what happened, maybe a heart attack. My 16 year old daughter found her on the bottom of the cage still alive and held her while she went. It was so sad, my daughter was already attached. She burried her in the garden next to Rose, our blind chicken we lost last month.
sad.png

I was hoping the same thing as Lunachick. I'm sorry about the birdie. Since she was flying free, she could have gotten into a lot of things. I hope you know you did your best.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom