Guess who just bought Rob Ludlow's book!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nichole45, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Nichole45

Nichole45 Just Hatched

Feb 6, 2015
    Strange how things work.

I was looking around online for the best books on raising chickens and among the most recent 3 I just bought, I saw, "Chicken Health for Dummies". Good price, great info, thorough and an easy read. So, when it came to the house, naturally I was all excited and opened it right away. Um, my husband asked me if BYC was one of the sites I'm a member of and of course I said, "Yes". He gently grabbed the book and showed me the bottom left of the cover! Talk about tickled! I didn't even know! So, a huge thanks to Rob and Julie Gauthier, DVM for putting this wonderful book together for someone like me who's just starting out and wanting to get their grubby little paws and anything chicken!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey, that's me! ;)

[​IMG]

Honestly, of the 4 books I helped cowrite, I think that one might be my favorite. I really like "Raising Chickens For Dummies" but I think "Chicken Health For Dummies" is special because it covers so much stuff not on BYC and Julie did a FANTASTIC job researching and writing. I really like her personally and her writing style and humor! She was a pleasure to work with on the book!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    I've read some of your books also, and I thought they were great. "Chicken Health For Dummies" is the one I like the most. There are some things in that book that I've never learned in other chicken books before. Do you plan on doing any more books in the future?

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks!

Well, I have 4 books out (which is 4 more than I ever thought I'd have [​IMG] ) and they cover pretty much everything you'd ever want to know about chickens, so I don't think there will be any new ones coming out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by