Guesses on this "Mister" That doesn't crow

redhen10

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 18, 2013
This awesome rooster was given to me a yr ago. I have no idea his breed or age. No info from past owners. He is very nice. He makes sure everyone is in the coop before he goes in and if someone isn't cooperating he just patiently plants himself outside the coop until I come out to settle everyone in. HE HAS NEVER CROWED. EVER. He has really long neck feathers and a hint of green. I call him "mister". Any guesses?? He seems elderly as well. :)

Are his legs feathered? It looks like it, but hard to tell for sure.

If so, he looks like a Black Cochin. I have two and they are dolls. Sweetest roosters ever. They don't crow either and are very attentive to the flock.

Yes feathered feet! I just hatched some chicks and 3 are for sure from him...all have the cutest feathered feet! And he has made a liar out of me! I swear on my life...I have never heard him crow and I am out with my chickens ALOT. as soon as I posted this I was inside and could hear a rooster coming from my back yard. I was like noooooo. So out I go and rightin the middle of the yard is Mister belting his lungs. Crazy. So today is THE first time I have ever heard him crow. Thanks for all your input. I now know what breed he is and posting made him crow!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom