Guessing Duck sexes from behavior/noise levels?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
So, I know this is silly, and probably an urban myth or an old wives tale, but I gotta know. Is there any merit to 'female ducks are louder/talk more then males'? Is there any way to tell by behavior? I know I'll probably have to wait until someone decides to get a drake feather or lay an egg, but I'm just curious for anyone's input. Thanks in advance all!

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_215014471.jpg
    IMG_20210121_215014471.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 4
Until their voices changes, I have not found males or females to be louder or more talkative. I have had a male who was really chatty and quiet females as duckling. Depending on the breed, their voices will change by 9 weeks of age. I have had many change much sooner. The males will have a raspy voice and the females are the loud quackers. The first time you hear both, the difference is very obvious.

Until their voices changes, I have not found males or females to be louder or more talkative. I have had a male who was really chatty and quiet females as duckling. Depending on the breed, their voices will change by 9 weeks of age. I have had many change much sooner. The males will have a raspy voice and the females are the loud quackers. The first time you hear both, the difference is very obvious.
They're currently both 5 weeks so guess I've still got some waiting on the voices. Thanks! ☺️

Back
Top Bottom