Guessing game.

ReiMiraa

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Leavenworth the "German Town"
I am pretty sure I have figured out what these breeds are after looking at the pictures for a long time. Need others opinions on what they see.
45279_p1010723.jpg

45279_p1010698.jpg
I know he is a rooster
45279_p1010673.jpg

45279_p1010664.jpg

This roosters ears are fluorescent purple/pink
Have fun figuring out what some of these roosters are.

Your first chicken looks like it might be some kind of cochin,(maybe golden laced
hu.gif
) but I'm no expert and am just taking a guess. Is she fully grown? Also, I don't no about the second one, but the third one is almost definitely an easter egger. He's really pretty, too.
droolin.gif

Last edited:
the first 2 pictures are chicks and are different breeds
the first one is a hen... with an attitude, notice the 'lipstick' on its beak.... it has been pecking the back feathers out of the larger chicks.
the second chick is a rooster and is nice but at some point in the last month broke his toe because when i picked him out his toes were fine so i am sure that is not a genetic defect.
the last 2 roosters are crosses.
for the first rooster take a good look at his neck and the black speckles in his feathering and his tail and comb.
you are right about the last rooster having EE blood in him. his father was a duckwind straw colored EE. but can you guess the hen side?

also interestingly the first roosters legs are White with some feathering. his other siblings also have White legs with some feathering
this guy has matured faster than either of his parents. hybrid vigor from crossing 2 different heritage breeds?
I think this guy is a F2 generation on the rooster side but an F1 on the hen side (if i understand genetics any)

Quote:
Oh! I had thought that the first two pics were of the same chick, just at a different age.
tongue.png
Sorry for any confusion. Not sure about your EE or your other rooster.

Quote:
Correct.

but you guys still need work on the 2 mature bird crosses

hint on the second chick it is a purebreed and has leg feathers.

would you consider the last rooster "blue"? if you ignore the straw laced feathers?

Quote:
Correct.

would you consider the last rooster "blue"? if you ignore the straw laced feathers?

I would call him a blue.

Zaxby's2 :

Quote:
Correct.

I would call him a blue.​

hmm.. that could mean the hen is really good at throwing the blue genes.... she is blue herself. i find it funny that they say blue genetics is hard i seem to keep getting consistent ones from her except the roosters sometimes mess it up. now that he is mature i plan on crossing him back to his mother to try and clean out the EE influence of color since he is pretty recessive except for the wings and neck....

still not luck on the first mature rooster?

Back
Top Bottom