guinea eggs resting

Larry33843

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
Frostproof, FL
My ebay guinea eggs came today. 45 total, 33 from CA & 12 from Maryland. Dozen are pearl color French, 33 from CA are Pearl Grey, Lavender, Royal Purple, Violet, Coral Blue, Buff, Chocolate, Slate, White and Pied . I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping for a lot of different colors.
They're at rest now and go in incubator in the AM. Due to hatch March 26th. Here's hoping, Larry

Thanks. I moved them into the incubator an hour ago, the eggs were @ 58* and 'bator was 99.5*, humidity 70%. Temp. inside dropped to 90.0* with cool eggs being added. Now, hour later, 'bator is up to 97.3* and rising, humidity is 60%. I'm staying close to make sure temp. levels off around 100.0*.
Been reading about some guinea hatches pipping at 25 days and am wondering if 99.0-99.5* rather than 100.0* might correct that short incubating time. Are the keets healthier with 25 day hatch or full 28 as most manuals give as proper time ? Looks like these should hatch between March 23 (25 days) and 26th, the 28 days manuals describe. Larry

I always put mine in the hatcher on day 23 or 24 because they always seem to start to hatch on day 25. I have incubated them temps from 99.0 to 100.2 and they always seem to hatch on day 25 and 26.

Well, all hatched. got a 60% hatch rate. Same for California and Maryland eggs if figure separately. 27 out of 45 set. Looks like we've got five or six different colors from the California eggs.

Back
Top Bottom