Guinea eggs

ChcknLady

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Western Pa
Anyone have pics of guinea eggs? I found 2 eggs today, along the fence line to my duck run, and I think they may be from my guinea. I thought they were supposed to hide their nests and be sneaky-lol not this one!
big_smile.png

guinea eggs are light brown with brown to white speckles and if you where to crack it the shell is like 3 times thicker then other eggs! here is a picture
wink.png
65931.JPG

My guineas use a nest box on the floor of my chicken coop. They were just dropping them next to the feed dish to start with and then decided the lowest nest box was better.
big_smile.png

My guineas will hide their nest, but the first 1 or 2 eggs they will just drop anywhere. I guess they don't think about looking for a nesting area till after they need it!

Thanks everyone I have 2 guinea eggs for sure! Woohoo! When i got her (she's almost a year and I just got her about a month ago) they said she was laying but she stopped when I got brought her here. She has started again too bad we lost the male to a cat! Well I have 15 keets in the brooder now so she won't be lonely long!

Back
Top Bottom