Guinea fowl nesting

Anarchocowboy

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2022
Hello!
Scoured around on google to see if I could find an answer to my question but still don’t have a very clear answer! Anyway here’s the question with back story:
One of our hens has been sitting on a nest for a good minute now and this week/next week is when we figured she would start hatching. She had four hatch today, we got the keets and into our brooder they went. Now she’s abandoned the nest! She’s in the coop rousting with the rest of them tonight, apparently doesn’t care about the last 20 some eggs. It’ll get down around 50 degrees tonight, and I can’t get my hands on an incubator until tomorrow. Will the eggs still be viable if I get them in an incubator tomorrow at some point?

Also, another question.. the one hen that already hatched a nest of eggs (went from 32 down to 7 eggs one night when an opossum came in, all 7 keets are in the coop now though!) anyway, I just found her today laying on another nest.. some where around 30 eggs. Is it typically they will sit on two or more nests in a year???

Back
Top Bottom