GUINEA FOWL THREAD

Well, they could be mine but I am in another state... My two never came back. One is way down the road at a man's house but we cannot catch her and now he likes her and wants to keep her. I wonder if I have rights to get my livestock or does he have the right to keep her. I have been trying to go there with people to catch her but he is not home alot. I raised them from three days old and I am very upset. I only have three left and I am afraid to let them out. Plus they are a bit freaked out that two have disappeared. The other one no one has seen since the first day. It has been eight days today...
Question: When the guineas go out for the day, do you leave the coop open all day so they can return at will? I couldn't do that because I only let two of the five out thinking they would stay close by. Eventually I will let the other three out because what good are they otherwise? They need to hunt and I got them to manage snakes and ticks.

The coop will need to be left open during the day incase they want a drink or want to get to their feed.Have you tried putting one in a cage to lure the wandering one near for you to catch it?

I am actually getting 2 lavender guineas in mid April, super excited!!!
wee.gif

Hello, I'm Madison and I have 2 Guinea fowl keets whom I believe are 2 or 3 weeks old. Sadly, I have to get rid of them and they are free to a good home. I think they are pearl and we're starting to suspect that there is one boy and one girl. Thank you so much for your time and please contact me if interested. (I live in the greenwood, Indiana area)

Hello, I'm Madison and I have 2 Guinea fowl keets whom I believe are 2 or 3 weeks old. Sadly, I have to get rid of them and they are free to a good home. I think they are pearl and we're starting to suspect that there is one boy and one girl. Thank you so much for your time and please contact me if interested. (I live in the greenwood, Indiana area)
Darn, a little too far away!

What color are the lighter silver colored Guineas in your picture? I had 2 hatch last year that looked similar. The mother was pearl gray and the father was either white or pied. I wasn't sure whether they would be classified as porcelain or something else (they are an icy blue/silver color with white dots) any idea?

Back
Top Bottom