GUINEA FOWL THREAD

I am new on this site and love it already! I am a new guinea owner. I lost one
hit.gif
and I am still learning. yesterday we finished the "converted horse stall to a coop." The keets are about seven weeks old but look six weeks? So today I let them out of the coop to the stall surrounding it.

I have about 30 keets in brooder. There have food, Electrolites and vitamins in water, temp between 90-95. At about 3 days of age 2 or 3 die. They arch their neck back and gasp for air then they die. they can not walk. Out of 150 keets I have lostabout 20 keets. Any ideas?

I have six guinea keets, not quite sure how many male or female, and they would much rather sleep in the trees above the chicken run at night than go into their coop! They also want to go in with the chickens sometimes, but the chickens are much bigger than the guinea's and pick on them. They are able to fly from the ground to the top of the 6 1/2' coop already! We are hoping that they can be moved into the chicken coop soon, since they seem to enjoy each other's company when they are out in the yard together.

Welcome! My keets are still in the coop/stall until they are 12 weeks old because I heard this will help train them to come home to the coop at night. Good luck!

Hey guys I've had guineas for a wile and I was wondering how often they lay during season bc i got 2 eggs yesterday and I would like to know

Back
Top Bottom