guinea hatch over/future advice???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monster1, Nov 15, 2008.

1. monster1

monster1 Chillin' With My Peeps

final count out of nine fertile eggs i got five keats. three buzzed out by themselves. two came out with assistance from me after sitting in the shell for twenty four hours. one was deformed and had to be put down. two died in their shells (maybe drowned, lots of water in egg.) and one egg looked like melted cheese when i cracked it open. they started hatching yesterday which was three days early. the keats are doing fine now and i hope they will make it. they are eating now. have them in a box with a 100 watt bulb for heat in the bathroom. when i saw the first one hatch, i got excited and kept opening the bator. also to peel the egg shells back so the two could get out. the humidity dropped at this point to 25%. sprayed the remaining eggs down with a sprayer to keep them moist. and added a larger pan to get the humidity up to about 60%. any advise for future hatches?

p.s.

i am going to add a window to the top of the bator(homemade igloo-bator) relocate the thermostat and bulb so that the chicks can just fall to the bottom after hatching. i'll post some pics if i can later.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by