guinea hen hatch along

ok so after maple hatched I had to take a nest the guineas were sitting on and since those eggs looked like they had already started developing we couldn't eat them I threw them in the incubator thinking they would die due to me collecting them and leaving them sitting for a day then throwing them in an incubator but apparently not I candled them for the first time to see not expecting anything but 20/26 eggs are looking very good uh problem is I have 18 guineas already and uh don't really have space for more whoops :oops:

ok so after maple hatched I had to take a nest the guineas were sitting on and since those eggs looked like they had already started developing we couldn't eat them I threw them in the incubator thinking they would die due to me collecting them and leaving them sitting for a day then throwing them in an incubator but apparently not I candled them for the first time to see not expecting anything but 20/26 eggs are looking very good uh problem is I have 18 guineas already and uh don't really have space for more whoops .
No problem. That'll get you atleast 3-4 bags of feed after you sell them.

i have never sold guineas i fall in love wih very single one
I knew I had to sell some of Mama's last year. I hadn't intended to let her nest,& at the time didn't have room for 19 all at once. I knew I'd have to sell some so intentionally remained hands off. I sold 15, and actually heard back from buyers later on telling me how much they loved them. That was a relief, bc as they were taken away, I was thinking, "omg, what if they eat them ??!!"

I knew I had to sell some of Mama's last year. I hadn't intended to let her nest,& at the time didn't have room for 19 all at once. I knew I'd have to sell some so intentionally remained hands off. I sold 15, and actually heard back from buyers later on telling me how much they loved them. That was a relief, bc as they were taken away, I was thinking, "omg, what if they eat them ??!!"
I sell mine but I try really hard not to hear about how they do! :oops: I have heard back from a few buyers, I have some repeat buyers who have liked our keets in the past. But some people are clueless (texting me AFTER the keets are home and after telling me they are experienced at raising chicks to ask if the two week old keets still need heat!!! :mad:). Many have lost the keets to calamity (brooder flooded, their dog got into the brooder and killed all keets). The rest I’ve heard from just casually let me know that they let all keets free at 2 months, no coop or anything else, so now it’s summer and last year’s batch are gone so they need another batch of 20-30! I rationalize continuing to sell them by hoping that a brief free-range life was still full of Guinea joys and worth living. 🤷‍♀️ I try not to imagine that last doomed Guinea of the flock and hope that the last were taken as a pair…

I sell mine but I try really hard not to hear about how they do! :oops: I have heard back from a few buyers, I have some repeat buyers who have liked our keets in the past. But some people are clueless (texting me AFTER the keets are home and after telling me they are experienced at raising chicks to ask if the two week old keets still need heat!!! :mad:). Many have lost the keets to calamity (brooder flooded, their dog got into the brooder and killed all keets). The rest I’ve heard from just casually let me know that they let all keets free at 2 months, no coop or anything else, so now it’s summer and last year’s batch are gone so they need another batch of 20-30! I rationalize continuing to sell them by hoping that a brief free-range life was still full of Guinea joys and worth living. 🤷‍♀️ I try not to imagine that last doomed Guinea of the flock and hope that the last were taken as a pair…
very reassuring 😱
I have a couple whose son is friends with my brother they showed interest in maybe getting some guineas and i have seen their property very fancy plenty of room so i hope maybe they will take some and my teacher who gave me my chickens he hatched some eggs from my birds only getting 2 which didn't help him bring up his numbers as he had planned maybe he will take some I prefer giving to people I know and luckily have these 2 possibilities since our neighbors across the swamp one of our birds ended up at their farm and gees its a nightmare although i didn't personly experience it as i was at school i have seen pictures they have a huge windowless barn with a floor of chickens it's so crammed they kill for meat and use the eggs this is all for profit they also have guineas and i really hope they don't get ahold of any of my birds or anyone like them its full on abuse over there

Last edited:
very reassuring 😱
I have a couple whose son is friends with my brother they showed interest in maybe getting some guineas and i have seen their property very fancy plenty of room so i hope maybe they will take some and my teacher who gave me my chickens he hatched some eggs from my birds only getting 2 which didn't help him bring up his numbers as he had planned maybe he will take some I prefer giving to people I know and luckily have these 2 possibilities since our neighbors across the swamp one of our birds ended up at their farm and gees its a nightmare although i didn't personly experience it as i was at school i have seen pictures they have a huge windowless barn with a floor of chickens it's so crammed they kill for meat and use the eggs this is all for profit they also have guineas and i really hope they don't get ahold of any of my birds or anyone like them its full on abuse over there
Geez I can’t find an appropriate reaction emoji for this post! I laughed I cried… Yes, it’s great that you might have someone reliable who wants them. I do have repeat hatching egg buyers who seem responsible. I had a lovely conversation with the woman who hatched a slate keet from our eggs!

Back
Top Bottom