Guinea Hen Laying For More Than Five Months Already

toptom

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 5, 2014
One of my hens have started laying on February and she keeps on laying until today. That means it has been six months already. Is this normal. Is this normal, anybody experienced the same with their birds? I'll keep on observing if she'll continue laying next month.

They are free ranging and keep on changing nests so I wasn't able collect much eggs (hatch-able eggs)

I don't think they usually start laying that early in the year, but I think it depends on where you live (they would have a longer laying season in the south, I presume). Mine did not start laying until late March.

I don't think they usually start laying that early in the year, but I think it depends on where you live (they would have a longer laying season in the south, I presume). Mine did not start laying until late March.

Well mine did! :). I live in PH. Ive been stalking her since I saw 3 eggs in a nest around Feb 15. Until now she's laying every day. She just wont stop.

Being that you're in the tropics, I'm not surprised!

I am about to stop hatching keets and I'm looking forward to being able to eat the eggs again. 

I dont seem to like their eggs, taste like grass. Lol. Been keeping guineas for 3 years, this is the first time I had one who laid like this.

I dont seem to like their eggs, taste like grass. Lol. Been keeping guineas for 3 years, this is the first time I had one who laid like this.

Really? Mine taste rich and creamy. So, what do you do with the eggs? Before I was hatching I was selling them. My guineas support my whole flock with the money I make selling eggs and keets.

Really? Mine taste rich and creamy. So, what do you do with the eggs? Before I was hatching I was selling them. My guineas support my whole flock with the money I make selling eggs and keets.
I'll just let the chickens hatch them, and when grown up we'll consume them for meat. Though guinea meat is not very tender, it tastes better than chicken meat especially on recipes with soups or broths.

I'll just let the chickens hatch them, and when grown up we'll consume them for meat. Though guinea meat is not very tender, it tastes better than chicken meat especially on recipes with soups or broths.

I've heard it's pretty delicious roasted as well. I've yet to eat one, though. I can think of less annoying birds to grow out for meat lol.

I make a couple hundred extra bucks a month hatching and selling them.

I've heard it's pretty delicious roasted as well. I've yet to eat one, though. I can think of less annoying birds to grow out for meat lol.

I make a couple hundred extra bucks a month hatching and selling them.
That's good for you! They're really annoying sometimes, very loud but we got used to them somehow. My only problem is they like to be on the road. I already made a net fencing for them but another annoying creature made holes, so my guineas are out again

Back
Top Bottom