Guinea pics

I'm sorry. I haven't been on in a while. I did not get the coloration name off of a chart. They look as if they have gold eye shadow lightly applied to their backs in places but not all over. This is what they are sold under in our area and this color variation has been produced over and over again by myself and some others.

PS I am aware of all of the sources you were quoting but thanks for the attempt at an education

I'm sorry. I haven't been on in a while. I did not get the coloration name off of a chart. They look as if they have gold eye shadow lightly applied to their backs in places but not all over. This is what they are sold under in our area and this color variation has been produced over and over again by myself and some others.
What is your location? It would not be the first time that someone made up their own name for a variety and sold it as something it is not. If you are not in the U.S., it is possible to have a variety that is not available here.

What is your location? It would not be the first time that someone made up their own name for a variety and sold it as something it is not. If you are not in the U.S., it is possible to have a variety that is not available here.[/QUOTE
Pennsylvania actually. So I am in the United States. And you are totally right. It isn't at all possible for anyone to produce any kind of genetic morph of Guinea Fowl that is new and hasn't already been "approved" by one of your sources. That wouldn't at all be how new morphs are discovered.
Not my first rodeo

Pennsylvania actually. So I am in the United States. And you are totally right. It isn't at all possible for anyone to produce any kind of genetic morph of Guinea Fowl that is new and hasn't already been "approved" by one of your sources. That wouldn't at all be how new morphs are discovered.
Not my first rodeo
Mutations do happen. Typically when new mutations occur, they are announced by the breeder to take advantage of the unique color for sales purposes. The standard procedure today is for the developer to at least apply for a patent to try to control and profit from it.

The fact that Google found no mention of this variety is very strange if it does indeed exist. Your unwillingness to say where this variety comes from is also interesting.

Mutations do happen. Typically when new mutations occur, they are announced by the breeder to take advantage of the unique color for sales purposes. The standard procedure today is for the developer to at least apply for a patent to try to control and profit from it.

The fact that Google found no mention of this variety is very strange if it does indeed exist. Your unwillingness to say where this variety comes from is also interesting.
As far as where the Guineas come from, it is all local and pardon me for not wanting to give you a full address but this is the internet and Pennsylvania should be satisfactory. As far as any type of claim to fame or patent...we are all farmers. 99% of the people around here are not buying Guinea Fowl for decoration. If indeed they are, they are serving a dual purpose then. I can imagine that most people that buy specifically for the coloration are wanting them for pest control/tick control, eggs, and to sell off any surprise Hatcher's that come along. The ones that are breeding for specific coloration sell them privately or at auction. They do not even have internet or even a phone. So I suppose Google would not apply. And you can say you find it very hard to believe that people do not have internet or phone but this is the heart of Amish/Mennonite country. You can Google that. Point is, ain't no one in this area fretting over patenting

Last edited:
As far as where the Guineas come from, it is all local and pardon me for not wanting to give you a full address but this is the internet and Pennsylvania should be satisfactory. As far as any type of claim to fame or patent...we are all farmers. 99% of the people around here are not buying Guinea Fowl for decoration. If indeed they are, they are serving a dual purpose then. I can imagine that most people that buy specifically for the coloration are wanting them for pest control/tick control, eggs, and to sell off any surprise Hatcher's that come along. The ones that are breeding for specific coloration sell them privately or at auction. They do not even have internet or even a phone. So I suppose Google would not apply. And you can say you find it very hard to believe that people do not have internet or phone but this is the heart of Amish/Mennonite country. You can Google that. Point is, ain't no one in this area fretting over patenting
Interesting, GeeseMama! Do you happen to have any other pics to share of your cool guinea? We have a colorful flock ourselves- lots of royal purple, lavender and pied. Even two that were sold to me as a slate and a violet. I love having a colorful guinea flock so I can tell them apart. We’ve come up with 18 names!

Attachments

• 3582E467-53D3-41AC-9932-F1D6E15C2E7D.jpeg
    3582E467-53D3-41AC-9932-F1D6E15C2E7D.jpeg
    752.5 KB · Views: 6
Interesting, GeeseMama! Do you happen to have any other pics to share of your cool guinea? We have a colorful flock ourselves- lots of royal purple, lavender and pied. Even two that were sold to me as a slate and a violet. I love having a colorful guinea flock so I can tell them apart. We’ve come up with 18 names!
Your flock is gorgeous! Amazing colorations! I snapped a couple of pics where you can see the more golden feathers on their backs. I also snapped one of one of their throats. They both have the golden flecks on their necks as well. Unfortunately there wasn't any sun today but here they are anyways.
I also name all of mine lol
IMG_20200112_144638.jpg
IMG_20200112_144625.jpg
IMG_20200112_144638.jpg
IMG_20200112_144625.jpg
MVIMG_20200112_144838.jpg

Back
Top Bottom