Guinea talk.

Pics
Hello, I recently joined BYC and decided to join this thead. I have 2 adult pearl guineas, 6 pearl and 5 white that are 20 weeks old, 2 pearl that are a couple of weeks old, and 8 pearl that are 1 week old, below are pics of them.

The babies are so cute!

Thank you Dmontgomery. They are cute. I am trying to sell them. I just had a little too many guineas. Elvis and the others look like they are enjoying themselves.

Hello, I recently joined BYC and decided to join this thead. I have 2 adult pearl guineas, 6 pearl and 5 white that are 20 weeks old, 2 pearl that are a couple of weeks old, and 8 pearl that are 1 week old, below are pics of them.

Welcome! I love your white guineas! I had one white male but a predator got him last year. He was the protector/defender of my crippled hen....always by her side, taking care of her. He was one of my favorites so I was sad to lose him! I would love to have more white guineas, but currently only have pied,buff, pearl, and lavender so would not get any hatched from my current flock. I guess I could buy some but my coop already needs to have a no vacancy sign posted!

Hi Pearlguinea your guineas are gorgeous. I think I talked to you before on another forum question. Did you purchase the eggs on ebay for your white guineas? You bought 12 eggs and 10 hatched. You were very lucky.

Elvis and some of his ladies taking a dirt bath.
This picture is so cute. Do the guineas hang around with the chickens all the time? I have never saw a chicken marked like Elvis before. He looks like he has a beard from the dark feathers on his chest.

Yes Pattyhen I had talked to you on another form and I did purchase the white guinea eggs on eBay. How are you two guineas doing, their names are SpiderMan and Mary Jane, right?

This picture is so cute.  Do the guineas hang around with the chickens all the time?  I have never saw a chicken marked like Elvis before.  He looks like he has a beard from the dark feathers on his chest.  

No. The guineas usually hang out by themselves except during snack time. All 46 birds free range together all day long and sometimes they mingle more than other times. This is the first time I caught them bathing together. I wish the shadow hadn't been there to show them off better. We just had a guy with a stump grinder come last week. He ate up an oak stump and stirred up lots of dirt getting the roots. All the chickens are taking turns in the pile.
The guineas roost next to Elvis at night, along with about 12 other hens. Elvis is an Easter Egger rooster we picked up in March. He has some beautiful markings. If you get up close he actually has muttonchop sideburns. I don't know if that's why she named him Elvis.

Yes Pattyhen I had talked to you on another form and I did purchase the white guinea eggs on eBay. How are you two guineas doing, their names are SpiderMan and Mary Jane, right?

Yes I remembered the pic of your beautiful white guineas. Spiderman and Mary Jane are doing fine. I just shut them up in the coop for the night. They are the last ones to go in at night.

Back
Top Bottom