Guinea trying to mate turkey??

JbarD Acres

Chirping
Apr 9, 2019
I have 4 guineas and a pr of turkeys. One or 2 of the guineas keeps trying to mate with my turkey hen. Is this normal? And the reason I cant say if its 1 or 2 is because I cant tell any of the guineas apart. They run my turkey hen Gracie crazy! How do I get them to stop. Tom just fluffles up and chuffs at them, which of course, does No good. Plus I have a Gold Sebright rooster that chases all if them if they get in his "space". They are all free range and cooped up at night.

I have 4 guineas and a pr of turkeys. One or 2 of the guineas keeps trying to mate with my turkey hen. Is this normal? And the reason I cant say if its 1 or 2 is because I cant tell any of the guineas apart. They run my turkey hen Gracie crazy! How do I get them to stop. Tom just fluffles up and chuffs at them, which of course, does No good. Plus I have a Gold Sebright rooster that chases all if them if they get in his "space". They are all free range and cooped up at night.
Guineas bond very easily with turkeys but can cause all kinds of problems. The best solution to your problem is to separate the guineas from all of the other poultry. Your guineas are causing your turkey hen to be stressed. It is only going to get worse.

Thanks! Mike my S/O got the Sebright to quit attacking him but he still stalks the rest of us. And for the guineas yes, Gracie runs up the deck ramp and i have to chase the guinea off. They are all excellent for pest control but its awful for Gracie.

Back
Top Bottom