Guinea X Chicken?

I have seen 1 I thought it was horribly ugly and I have naked necks that are so ugly they are cute.

The crosses aren't very hardy, though. I think it says on the Feather Site that most die by 2 years of age, probably from some sort of hybrid genetic incompatibility issues. I'm pretty certain it cuts down on their hardiness.

Guinea x Chicken or rather, its reciprocal cross is an extremely valuable meat bird that can exhibit hybrid vigor under certain circumstances. The news of a Faverolle x Guinea combination excites me because I have been studying these hybrids for many years and have been in contact with the foremost US authority and researcher:

Dr. Samuel Nahashon
Institute of Agricultural and Environmental Research
Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN

You may be surprised (or not!) at the very high prices (and appreciation) lavished on the guinea hybrid meat in the eastern metropolitan markets, e.g. NYC, say D'Artagnan's (a major purveyor of specialty fowl), or Dean & DeLuca.

There are French Hybrid guinea broiler strains (male) crossed into suitable female chicken lines via artificial insemination to produce the required crosses.

Quote:
Ha ha and wow! I thought she was laying but I must have been mistaking the egg for a chicken egg cause I have had no egg from her since she was separated from the hens but I'll let you know when she gets to laying.

wonder if they still taste like chicken?
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom