Guineas not eating

No, grower is the next step up from starter. Turkey starter is 28 to 30% protein but turkey grower is only 24% protein. The next step up from grower is to regular adult food whether it be a layer feed or an all flock feed.

At what age do I start adult food? Should the grower be pellets or crumble?

Should the grower be pellets or crumble?
Crumble. My experience is that grower is even finer than starter. Starter is made a little coarser to make it easier for the little ones to find and pick it up.
At what age do I start adult food?
If you get a 50 lb. bag of grower, you can switch to adult food when it runs out. By 6 months they should do fine on adult food.

Crumble. My experience is that grower is even finer than starter. Starter is made a little coarser to make it easier for the little ones to find and pick it up.

If you get a 50 lb. bag of grower, you can switch to adult food when it runs out. By 6 months they should do fine on adult food.

For some reason I received pellets. Is this going to harm them in any way? Or do I need to buy another bag of feed?

Thank you again for your help!

Pic...

Attachments

• AE18426C-45EC-4C5D-A561-4A2AAF50D91E.jpeg
    AE18426C-45EC-4C5D-A561-4A2AAF50D91E.jpeg
    539.5 KB · Views: 1
I’m officially a crazy bird lady. I tried smashing with little luck. I have been grinding the feed in my nutribullet. Turns out it’s either really fine or too big of chunks still. They’re not eating as much. Any recommendations what to smash it with besides a hammer, rolling pin, piece of wood, cup... I’m about to lose my mind. I can’t find non-pellet feed anywhere... yikes!

Back
Top Bottom