Guineas w/ angelwing????

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
Got 3 guineas from the feed store...... feed them same thing I fed Guinea keets from last year..... 2 developed angelwing and third looked like maybe it was. They went back to feed store..... but I'm baffled. Checked and the protein level was close to but below required level for Guineas... definitely NOT over. WTH?! Was it me or the breeding?

edited to add that I REALLY need some more Guineas...ticks are out of control at my place..... but I fear getting more from the feedstore.

Last edited:
Looking at the "frizzled guinea" posts...... mine didn't have many feathers in, but the main wing feathers were poking out just like that. It's common??? It corrects itself??? Should I go buy new Guinea keets? How in the world do I avoid it happening again or being permanent?

So strange this never happened last year
tongue.png
Maybe I will give it another try,...... up the protein and keep them out of the humidity??? Even the lead wing feathers straighten out eventually? I had a goose with angelwing and I'd hate to have a bunch of Guineas go through i t.

Last edited:
guineas get droopy wings that look similar to angel wing. It is just a normal thing that guinea keets get. They grow out of it quick. and yes only ducks get angel wing as far as i know.

Back
Top Bottom