Gun Owners and Non-Gun Owners should come to a Meeting of the Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It's going to help the situation.

If you pull your gun out in an attempt to intimidate the guy, are you going to make him stop, or are you going to make yourself target?

I wouldn't pull my gun out to intimidate. That's a good way to get shot. If my gun comes out, it's going to be promptly fired. Again, evidence of a lack of education on your part. You've watched too much TV.

Plus, if you do shoot him, you are more than likely going to be spending some time in jail and later court facing criminal charges and possibly jail time whether you believe it was justified or not.

Where do you get your information? Self-defense is still allowed in every state in the country.

Please, please, educate yourselves about guns. Most of you are spouting off about something you know little if anything about. Your contempt for lawful gun ownership and concealed carry is fueled by fear that is fostered by ignorance. If you had not grown up with cars being common place, you would be deathly afraid to drive. Knowledge is a wonderful and powerful thing. Getcha some!

UGCM​

Your post should be made a "sticky note"! Perfectly to the point! There are soooo many instances of "crazies" shooting several people where just ONE responsible person carrying could have stopped some of the deaths. And as for carrying only in "dangerous" areas???? I guess an upscale health club would not fit that description so a crazy with no one else to stop him would indeed have time to reload and keep on firing. Like the poster said....anti-gun people read up on it and get educated to the facts! Just my 2 cents!....I just can't keep my...
duc.gif

Alicia, I actually agree 100% with your reply
smile.png
I was just using your post as an example.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you don't have something to add don't say it. As I understood it, the purpose of this thread was to discuss folks on opposite sides of the fence coming to some sort of an agreement or happy medium. I understand if you think my concerns aren't valid, however, these are the same concerns other folks have that want to take away your right to own a gun. Simply saying 'it's my right' isn't good enough when you're talking about 'the equalizer'.

Simply saying, "it's my right," is good enough because it really is a right. It is one of our basic rights enshrined in the Constitution.

ETA: A gun would probably kill a troll, but starvation would be a better method.
wink.png

I agree.. Dont feed it..its obvious what it is..
10638_orjnfq.gif

Quote:
It's going to help the situation.

If you pull your gun out in an attempt to intimidate the guy, are you going to make him stop, or are you going to make yourself target?

I wouldn't pull my gun out to intimidate. That's a good way to get shot. If my gun comes out, it's going to be promptly fired. Again, evidence of a lack of education on your part. You've watched too much TV.

Plus, if you do shoot him, you are more than likely going to be spending some time in jail and later court facing criminal charges and possibly jail time whether you believe it was justified or not.

Where do you get your information? Self-defense is still allowed in every state in the country.

Please, please, educate yourselves about guns. Most of you are spouting off about something you know little if anything about. Your contempt for lawful gun ownership and concealed carry is fueled by fear that is fostered by ignorance. If you had not grown up with cars being common place, you would be deathly afraid to drive. Knowledge is a wonderful and powerful thing. Getcha some!

UGCM​

I like this guy...
clap.gif

The agreement or happy medium is that we all respect each others opinion. We certainly don't have to agree with it but at least respect other peoples opinions.

Quote:
A scary monster that eats threads...they live under a bridge and come out to cause trouble..

Quote:
Usually that is somebody who is "trolling" or fishing around trying to to stir up trouble.

There are a few on BYC who try to get certain threads locked down because it offends their personal views. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree...

But when people say don't feed the troll they are asking us to ignore a person who obviously wants to inflame and get a thread locked.

Quote:
i agree..
clap.gif

people should not be called redneck or stupid becasue of their gun beliefs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom