Gun Owners and Non-Gun Owners should come to a Meeting of the Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK enough of the male/female military role, I will not even weigh in because it is wayyyyy off topic.
tongue.gif

As a female veteran I would like to defend my right to use a weapon to protect my country , my family , my livestock and my own life . I also would like to say that I passed boot camp doing the same physical qualifications that any male was required to pass with. I also recieved the same fire arm training as they did .

Mary

Last edited:
Quote:
i agree!
how does one take lessons in using a gun? we dont live in a high crime area anymore, but it would still be nice to have some sort of personal protection anyways.

Quote:
I served aboard the nuclear submarine USS Thomas Jefferson(SSBN 618) from 1967 through 1969 (no women on board). Our motto was "Hostility against Tyrany"

“I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.” -Thomas Jefferson.

Lately I'm getting pretty hostile, but am being called an unruly mob.

Paul

Quote:
The term God-given simply means something that was bestowed at birth, something you didn't do for yourself. Whatever, maybe I should have said "natural" or something, but it means the same thing.

Even if you dont believe in God, dont you believe everyone has rights? It doesnt have anything to do with what someone can physically take from you.

If I wanted to, I could take away your right to breath and go to the bathroom too. A right is something you have because you are a person, you have a RIGHT to be alive, and with that comes the RIGHT to stay alive. It is really very simple.

YES rights can be taken away. But they are STILL RIGHTS. Even if someone is murdered, it does not take away the fact that they still had the RIGHT to live.

Edited because I cant type very well....
lol.png

I'd like to add here a quick note
I cant remember who said it as this topic has gotten quite long , but did see with regards to the
It's our right deal
Some one was mentioning not all people are born with the same rights as we are here in the states, or something to that extent.
BULL!
Every human being in the world is, the difference is that their individual government beat them down, repress then, and more less take away their , yes, God given rights.
The basis of this discussion is that we dont want that to start here in our country. Unfortunately with our new dictator, I'm sorry I mean "president" (term used very loosely) It's seems to be accelerating.
If you dont like it, you dont have to own a gun, if you dont like smoking, dont smoke, If you want to speak out about something, do it, etc.
But dont tell me, because you either dont like something that I do, or you dont understand it, that it should be banned, or I might just start a rally to remove your freedom of speech!!

I could'nt have put that any better B.B.B.
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Glad this thread is still going.

Point is I dont want to lose my right to bear arms. The way our goverment is going, thats looks like what will happen.

The Cities goverments all over this land, are starting to band gun owership.

We need to stand up for rights , even if you dont want to own guns. The next time maybe one of your rights, you do want.

Unless my rights, stop you from your rights. Why should they be taken away.

Crazy laws just keep taking more from us. Like the crazy law in this one dumb town, you can only have 2 pets. You Have to pick 2 birds ,no dog or cat, heaven forbid , if you more than 2 types.

Last edited:
Quote:
i agree!
how does one take lessons in using a gun? we dont live in a high crime area anymore, but it would still be nice to have some sort of personal protection anyways.

Check with a local gunshop they usually have schedules from trainers in the area. Also check with NRA for safety classes, I would suggest you start with a NRA safe handling class first. After that you should be able to google shooting clubs and ranges. There are many different types of sport shooting from very relaxed to very competitive. Cowboy Action Shooting is one of the most fun that I have ever done, BUT it does not relate to defensive shooting though you will acquire skills. Clay birds and pop ups for shotgun in defensive classes if you have scatter guns.

If you become safety orientated and become a more seasoned shooter you can look into private classes with combat and survival instructors. These are not cheap though, an alternative is Airsoft combat clubs. They shoot weapons that identical in operation and looks to actual firearms and follow all safety rules for a firearm. The training and competition is very realistic and the ammo inexpensive. But the Airsoft guns are not cheap for these competitions they cost as much as the real gun. Many police depts are using Airsoft training to augment actual firearm training.

I pretty much been a one man gang against tyranny ever since I started following those crooked s.o.b's in DC. Systematically, incrementally, stealing our rights, our land, and our soveriegnty.

Trust no one, take no survivors,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom