Gun people again.

Not asking what is the correct word mind you but what actual word do you actually use day to day to

• Clip

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Magazine

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
I thought this forum was "random ramblings"? If I spent every waking hour thinking chickens, I'd go mad! Love my birds, but this forum is a nice place to share our non-chicken thoughts with other chicken-loving friends. Ramble-on my friends.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy a gun clip. I searched the web....Cabelas etc. Most times comes up as magazines.

So I call it a magazine.

But technically my opinion doesn't count cause I don't have chickens......yet :)

Looks like typical random ramblings to me.

Now, I looked at picture and said a clip or a magazine then read down to see what I was supposed to say, my husband the gun person (not an avid hobbyist but more than dabbling) calls it a Mag, but says "everybody calls it a clip, but if you walk into a gun store you would ask to buy a magazine". So we split down the middle, both of us.

yippiechickie.gif
Chickens.

With regard to what the "stores" call their products, my husband has always been irked by saber saws being called "jig" saws. It's what the masses call it and that's how the stores will sell it. He doesn't spend his days correcting everyone.

Welcome to BYC Flumes! I can't wait to see your first pics of your first birds!

I wanted to buy a gun clip. I searched the web....Cabelas etc. Most times comes up as magazines.

So I call it a magazine.

But technically my opinion doesn't count cause I don't have chickens......yet :)

Hey Flumes and
welcome-byc.gif
and I don't have any chicken right now, and I didn't know either.

Using correct terminology is not being a snob. Throwing a fit cause someone else does not is.
I went to school for auto mechanics an use to run a shop. I now a motor from a engine. I have never in my life seen anyone that was confused cause someone used the wrong one so there is no reason to care what word people use.
Same with clip v/s magazine...

You are 100% corrrect, Reb...
Just ignore the nasty people.. :hugs Aint worth it buddy..

Last edited:
My husband and I are both legal concealed carry for NY, we love guns and have quite a collection. We call them clips. We also know what someone is referring to if we hear them say magazine, both can be used interchangeably. It is acceptable to call it either regardless of the proper term. FOR INSTANCE- Most people use the words "heart attack" when they are really having a "Myocardial Infarction" (proper medical terminology). Both terms are acceptable regardless of the proper one. Now lets not have a Myocardial Infarction over semantics
big_smile.png

Trish

That there is a magazine, or mag for short. ( not that I knew, i went and asked hubby)
hide.gif
But I wouldnt be offended if you called it a clip. Or even one of those thingies that holds the bullets...

Back
Top Bottom