1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gyro sauce

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by sparkles2307, Apr 7, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I made a batch of that white gyro sauce last night, and we only used a bit of it... what else is it good on besides gyros???? I want to use it but I DONT want to eat gyros for a week straight!~

2. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    You mean tsatsiki (sp?) sauce? Man, I LOVE that stuff. I think it's not just great on lamb, but like a sliced beef salad, or even chicken breasts cooked with Cavender's seasoning. What recipe did you use?

3. sparkles2307

1 cuke
    16 oz sour cream
    4 cloves garlic
    1/2 t salt
    1/2 c vingear

we LOVE it, I will try a beef salad tonight, I bet that will be great, thanks for the suggestion!

4. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    tzatziki sauce,
    pizza
    chicken salad
    , hmmm i like it by itself

5. roosterjerry

roosterjerry Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Rineyville,KY
    Just send me any left over Gyro's I'll be happy to eat them for you.

6. sparkles2307

LOL no those go pretty fast at our house, I just dont think that our co workers could take our breath after a week solid on them haha

7. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Since I'm not eating bread or flour currently, I can't have my beloved gyros on pita bread...I did find, I believe on the Lamb Growers website, a recipe for a lamb meatloaf that is fantastic, and it would go really well topped with the sauce. It has lamb, beef, spinach, goat cheese, etc. in it. YUM.

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
  9. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    Hmmm what are gyros? You use lamb? I am currently raising lamb for "freezer camp" and other than leg of lamb and chops have no clue what to use the rest for,but that sauce does sound delish.

10. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    This sounds yummy. What is cuke though? Do you mean coke??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by