Habemus Pituita

theghostandmrchicken

Songster
12 Years
Mar 26, 2011
Habemus Pituita!!!

We have a pip!!!

When I went by the incubator around 1230 I noticed on of the eggs have a pip in it!

I am now excited and slightly concerned since their not supposed to start hatching until the 9th. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

I'll update when they start to hatch.

Last edited:
2200 hundred hour and we have another pip from a different egg!
ya.gif

The date being May 7, 2011

*update*

The chicks are very talkative inside the shell.

Last edited:
Out of thirteen eggs...

One never fully developed (around day three),

7 hatched and we have 7 very happy joyful chicks, (it was a very neat experiance watching life happen)

and the other five, we have suspicion, that they never fully developed either. But I'm going to keep them in the bator till the ful 21 days are up, then I will do an egg autopsy on them and try to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks for asking

Quote:
Congratulations on your chicks! I always recommend to folks to give them 3 days beyond the 21 days, if they pass the sniff test (and of course candling).

I have read MANY an account on BYC of how some hatched 3 days later. One fella even threw his eggs and went over to look - there was a chicken sitting there, newly cracked. It survived!
woot.gif

Last edited:
ChickensAreSweet beat me to it, I was going to say leave them beyond the 21 days if they pass candling and the sniff test too.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Congratulations on your chicks! I always recommend to folks to give them 3 days beyond the 21 days, if they pass the sniff test (and of course candling).

I have read MANY an account on BYC of how some hatched 3 days later. One fella even threw his eggs and went over to look - there was a chicken sitting there, newly cracked. It survived!
woot.gif

Thanks for telling me that.

Back
Top Bottom