Had a mental breakdown during quarantine, I have a lot of ducks now šŸ˜

Welcome to BYC! Iā€™m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ā˜ŗļø
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Welcome to BYC!! I agree that the animals are therapeutic. I can see my ducks wandering the yard from my kitchen sink and it is so relaxing to watch them while I do dishes. I have 4 kids as well, ages 5 and under, so things can get a bit loud and hectic. But the duck pen is always a great place for me to decompress.
I am a single mother of 4, who didnā€™t know how to cope with lockdown. Iā€™ve been running a mile a minute for as long as I can remember. I bought a house a year before the world shut down and locked me in it with my kids, out of work for months.
I have always wanted ducks and intended on getting a few after settling into my new home. A year after getting my first 2 ducklings, I have 14 ducks, 3 geese, and 2 turkeys. Work has picked up (Iā€™m a self-employed automotive interior repair/customization pro), kids are back in school, and the mental breakdown that lead to growing my flock was one of the best things thatā€™s ever happened to me.
Sometimes moms get stuck in this loop, never doing anything for themselves, never expanding their journey, running on autopilot. A lot of people donā€™t get it, but all the work involved in maintaining Duckville is therapeutic for me. I have a lot of hobbies that I never made consistent time for over the years, but my hobby farm is ā€œmy thingā€ every day now. Iā€™ve received so much info from this site over the last year and Iā€™m happy to officially join the community.

:frow :welcome :frow

Love your farm nameā€” Duckville!
Glad you found something to help you cope.

I was never a single parent, but I do know what itā€™s like to have 4 kidsā€” mine are all boys... my monkeys. :gig Theyā€™re grown now & starting families of their own. Now I get to be Nana! :love I loved being a momā€” but being a grandparent is even better!!

Are your kids kept busy in Duckville, too?

Back
Top Bottom