Had no idea that changing Car Insurance would......

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
Be such a pain in the rear
he.gif
I have been with one company for a few years, but with our current economic situation I decided to shop around before the current policy expired to see if I could save any $$.
I got a quote back from a different insurance company, it was lower and actually better coverage. The Agent that quoted called me and emailed me forms to sign and I sent a voided check to them to start a Bank Draft for my first payment and subsequent payments.
The agent herself called me on 1-6-10 confirming she received the signed forms and blank check, we talked then about when to start the new policy, it was to be on 1-20-10 (which coordinated with hubbys pay dates)
I went about my business and on 1-20-10 called my current insurance company to let them know I was changing insurance as of that date (policy expired the 25th)
I had to take my Truck and Horse Trailer to Tennessee on the 22nd, went up and was headed back when I get a call from the "new" insurance agent. She asked if I had mailed the forms and check to her.... I was like HUH????? Yes, you called me to confirm you had gotten them. At this point I point blank asked her if I was insured....... her response..... NO!!!!!!!

Here I am a few hundred miles away from home with no insurance???????

Then she proceeds to tell me she needs a debit card to start the insurance right away...... Well then Why the Heck did I send you a voided check over 2 weeks ago. She then says it takes 14 days to start a bank draft.....HMMM I guess you have to have my check, which you apparently can't find to do that.
She gets a card for the payment and says she will email me the binders but I am covered. I drive home.....VERY CAREFULLY!

I get home, check email and see the binder, download and print.

We have 3 vehicles. Ford Explorer, Dodge Neon and Ford F350.

After printing out there are 4 vehicles in my binder, my 3 and a 75 F 350 (mine is a 91) I have never owned a 1975 F 350!!!!!!

It is after 7 on a friday and can't do anything over the weekend.

So today I called the local agent for this same insurance (agent I was dealing with is across town) explained the situation and want to change, they apologize and advise it would be best for me to call original agent and ask for info to be faxed to local agent.

I called the agent, she has the gall to tell me my policy is in under writing and "if" I am approved..... again I am like What The Heck????? In 31 years of driving I have NEVER been denied Auto Insurance.........
barnie.gif

I asked her "Why would you even say that to me?"
hu.gif
She had no real response, but said she would not be able to fax the policy until mid next week.

I no zero about Insurance, but this seems odd.......

I called the Local Agent back and explain, this poor girl has apologized to me a million times, I told her it was not her fault and I did not hold the "company" at fault either, I just could not believe all the mistakes this one agent made!!!!!!

Local Agent called me back and has everything under control, will get everything transfered, take the extra vehicle off the policy and make sure we are not out any money through all of this.........

Whew!!!!!! My head hurts and I plan on writing a letter to the Insurance Commissioner as well. I find it hard to believe I am the only person this other agent has dealt with that has had problems....... I am sure there are others out there.

The worse part is this original agent acted like this was all my fault
th.gif

Sorry for the rant but I do feel better now.

Quote:
This is State Farm, should have been easy if not for the IDIOT Agent..........

The Local Agent is awesome, I went in and signed some stuff today, she gave me a signed letter stating that if I was out any money due to the other agent, she personally would give it back to me. ( I am concerned about the Bank Draft now, stupid agent tried to tell me Friday that I had told her I wanted my second payment drafted on the 1st! I told her the 20th of each month, what a MORON)

That just does not happen, this girl has gone Above and Beyond to help me out.

My parents have been with SF for years, and with the same agent until he retired. What is so sad about all of this, is that one Idiotic Agent is possibly turning people away from SF because of her incompetency.

We're with State Farm and we love our agent. Sounds like that first agent is a rotten apple. Maybe you could inform a superior about their incompetence so they can put them on probation or something. I'm sorry you had such a rough time!

Quote:
Since the Idiot actually owns the agency, I intend to report her to a Superior.......The Insurance Commissioner
lau.gif

my husband switched us to geico in record time. they were quick easy and hassle free and you can pay online!!! our other one you couldn't and it sucked. they have been awesome to us so far

Back
Top Bottom