Had quail eggs shipped to me. Packaged delayed. Still ok to hatch?

Meet Butch Cassidy and Sundance. So far these are the 2 that have hatched. 3 others have pipped but haven't changed status in 12ish hours.
50 eggs went in and I'm scared to say that I think I'll definitely get less than 10 to hatch. I guess for getting lost in the mail for a week in a raging heat wave AND their box getting totally smashed... that's decent. 20210805_140143.jpg IMG_20210805_141358_855.jpg

Will have to get pics when I can. Chick 2 just made it out of shell. 3 is zipping as we speak, and 6 or 7 more are pipping externally

Edit: outlook is looking good, they're all starting to pop one after the other haha
I saw that you are in Utah. I am too! Do you have an Homesteading/quail raising IG?

I'm in South Jordan!
Thats not far at all!. We don't have a farm haha just back yard animals and sadly at the moment my turkeys are actually indoors in the back half my house in a big inside dog run haha. We are in the process of major work on house so it's a complete disaster at the moment. Stuff stored in almost all rooms...and way too many trailers in the back haha. I look like "that neighbor" when you see my house at the moment :)

Thats not far at all!. We don't have a farm haha just back yard animals and sadly at the moment my turkeys are actually indoors in the back half my house in a big inside dog run haha. We are in the process of major work on house so it's a complete disaster at the moment. Stuff stored in almost all rooms...and way too many trailers in the back haha. I look like "that neighbor" when you see my house at the moment :)
We live in an HOA on 1/6th acre. We homestead in every way we can. We are definitely "that neighbor".

We live in an HOA on 1/6th acre. We homestead in every way we can. We are definitely "that neighbor".
I won't lie...I'm soooo grateful I don't live in an HOA :D. We are on somewhere between a 1/4 and a 1/3 of an acre, but when my dad retired and we sold our automotive business I had to move all my more vintage cars and stuff into my back yard so between that and boats my backyard is a nightmare at the moment lol and then on top of that we didn't put new grass in this year like we wanted because of the water conditions so my front yard is dirt and weeds at the moment

I won't lie...I'm soooo grateful I don't live in an HOA :D. We are on somewhere between a 1/4 and a 1/3 of an acre, but when my dad retired and we sold our automotive business I had to move all my more vintage cars and stuff into my back yard so between that and boats my backyard is a nightmare at the moment lol and then on top of that we didn't put new grass in this year like we wanted because of the water conditions so my front yard is dirt and weeds at the moment
Well, if you decide to do an IG, let me know! I love to follow locals and people with the same interests.

Back
Top Bottom