Had To Share Nellie's First Ummm Tiny Egg?

BliffinChicks

Chirping
Aug 26, 2018
Kendall, NY
What a wonderful surprise we found this morning… After hearing what Brie and I could have sworn was the sound of a cockerel chick attempting his first crow, we went running over to Nellie’s cage to see if she was alright! We knew there were no roosters in the house, so could not figure out what on earth was happening. But there was Nellie, pacing back and forth in her cage, ruffling her feathers and chattering to us. As Brie reaches into the cage to take her out, an ear piecing squeal comes from her.

Out comes a hand holding the tiniest little oh-so-pale-pink egg I have ever seen. Nellie had laid her first egg! At 6 months old we knew it was coming, but this Old English Game bantam sweetheart weighs only 15 oz and popping out a butt nugget seemed incomprehensible! But there it was…. all 17 grams and 1 5/8″ of it. It didn’t even span the length of my finger from tip to first knuckle.

She is our first bantam to lay an egg :D And yes, we had to immediately pose her in my photo booth LOL

Nelllies-first-egg.PNG

Not sure if this is normal or not, but we just pulled a second egg from her cage! She is the only one in there, so it cannot be anyone else but her LOL Anyone else have this happen? Multiple eggs in a day?

Back
Top Bottom