Hair color what do you think???

clap.gif
I like it! You really look nice!

Thanks, I'm getting used to it, my hair grows so slow it is going to take a while to see it around my face.

Well since this thread started I have been growing out my grey hair. I was unable to use any product to ease the transition, I could not find any over the counter type product and b/c of my chemical sensetive asthma I am unable to stay long enough at a beauty shop. The grey is almost as long as my bangs I was going to wait until my bangs were completely grey, but thought I'd post pics anyway so here it is so far

I told my husband I wanted a couple of pics to show my grey hair and this is what he did! lol

I think it'll look good, once it's grown out. However, you might want to cut off the colored part once it gets a little longer. Then, let it grow again. It won't be short forever. But, once it's all grown out, it'll be all yours and you'll be surprised how much better the natural texture feels.

You looked good yesterday, and you look better today.
Feeling good about yourself comes from inside.

Truth is, you could stick an old kitchen mop on your
head, and still look just fine.

Spook...who can't half see and really needs glasses.

Your natural hair is a beautiful color and you wear it well!! I started with a new stylist in January 2012. After my post in Oct. 2012 on here, I mentioned that I wanted to stop dyeing my hair, but that all my former stylist said it couldn't be done. She told me they were wrong it could be done, and we started in January of this year. She is only dyeing the top layer of my hair, the sides and back underneath are growing out salt and pepper. You cannot tell unless I turn my head upside down. It is about 6" long (my natural color). Now I know that my hair by my face will not be salt & pepper, it is going to be silver.... but I am excited. I think my husband is taking a wait & see attitude, and that is okay with me. Great thing about it, I can always go back to dyeing it, if I don't like it! Theresa :)

Your natural hair is a beautiful color and you wear it well!! I started with a new stylist in January 2012. After my post in Oct. 2012 on here, I mentioned that I wanted to stop dyeing my hair, but that all my former stylist said it couldn't be done. She told me they were wrong it could be done, and we started in January of this year. She is only dyeing the top layer of my hair, the sides and back underneath are growing out salt and pepper. You cannot tell unless I turn my head upside down. It is about 6" long (my natural color). Now I know that my hair by my face will not be salt & pepper, it is going to be silver.... but I am excited. I think my husband is taking a wait & see attitude, and that is okay with me. Great thing about it, I can always go back to dyeing it, if I don't like it! Theresa :)
Awesome, I'm glad your liking your hair too. My husband was a bit skeptical too, but I am a bit of a "Veshti" (bible reference nonsubmissive queen) and have always operated under the thinking it is my hair I will basically wear it like I want your hair you can wear like you want. (to my husband) but he isn't one to press what he wants anyway, he lets me be me.

If my asthma allowed me to go to a beauty shop that would be an option for me, I tried shortly after starting this thread, but I can't breath w/ all the chemicals (chemicals are a huge trigger for my asthma perfumes, cleaners, deoderants etc....)

6 inches since January!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!!!! I started when I started this thread and I would be surprised if mine was 4 inches.

I think it is funny, since I started this process one of the first things I ever notice now is the hair color/age ratio thing. (like is the face young but the hair grey, or is the face older but the hair nicely dyed or obnoxiously dyed etc....) This is something I rarely paid attention to before. I have been keeping a mental ticker like in my brain when I see obviously younger women w/ grey hair.

Well it is almost complete, just a small amount in the back and the grow out will finally be finished!!!!

These were taken today, and I have decided I don't look like granny clampet so the silver can stay.

Back
Top Bottom