Hair Decor - by your local chicken

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ARose4Heaven, Mar 2, 2011.

1. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    I must admit...I am guilty. I have been spotted at Walmart sporting new Hair Decor courtesy of my chickens! Fortunately, it was only wood chips. [​IMG]

How bout it? Has anyone else been spotted with new hair "jewelry" courtesy of your chickens?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I once had a strange tickling sensation on my ummmm....backside. It was a feather. [​IMG]

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    yup, admit it. crud on the shoes, maybe pant leg, and hair...... pine shavings. [​IMG]

4. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Songster

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    Most definitely!! Let's see....wood shavings of course, alfalfa hay, and a few feathers!! [​IMG] I'm sure I looked just lovely!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Uh yup. I live close enough to go home for lunch if I wanna. I have started doing so, now that I constantly have chicks in brooders and eggs in 'bators.

Of course I check on the Big Chickens, too.

So it is not the least bit unusual for me to return to work - office environment - with a feather stuck to me, or pine shavings or leaves in my hair. Or a newly rinsed and rubbed spot on my work clothes, from cleaning off just a dab of poo. Not enough time to change entirely and I take a late lunch hour so the rest of my work day is shorter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: