Half drowned duck

You can use aquarium air line as a tube and Tractor Supply has large syringes. Start with warmed fluids (Pedialyte or Gatorade) first. Give 14 ml per pound of body weight, wait 60-90 minutes and repeat, then do it once more in 2-4 hours.

i checked 4 different medical stores and was able to get the catheter tubing, but not a single medical place, tractor supply, or any of my local feed stores had the catheter syringe. So I went to Walmart, bought a high end marinade injector, removed the needle portion, and bootleg attached the catheter tubing to it. I fed her a mixture of her normal food, water, calcium, and probiotic. Setting an alarm for 3AM to feed her again. I wish I could take her to the vet, but between $800 in vet bills for the other duck last month, my wife’s car blowing a head gasket, and being out of work from the virus until sept, it’s just not in the cards. I know the eye foaming can be a result from over mating, but she’s never had it until she got sick, and every time I clean it off it covers both of eyes in like 5 minutes flat. She basically gave up trying to even shake it off

You can use aquarium air line as a tube and Tractor Supply has large syringes. Start with warmed fluids (Pedialyte or Gatorade) first. Give 14 ml per pound of body weight, wait 60-90 minutes and repeat, then do it once more in 2-4 hours.

@casportpony

Awesome advice, thank you. I’ll be running out first thing in the AM for Pedialyte. Tractor supply shows the materials in stock for my area, but when I called they said they had nothing. Made a bootleg one and am hoping it holds. Still can’t figure out the weird scabs on her back tho. It almost looks Infected. I spent like 6 hours today googling “fowl infections” and couldn’t find anything remotely similar

Back
Top Bottom