Halloooo, Chicks ‘n’ ‘Ckens!

04E6E0CB-8054-4DDC-8901-88DB0E6D7E53.jpeg
A516DCD9-99D6-4B00-AB84-023F11E94E3D.jpeg

we got a bit of snow here too; I have two Roos who’re sharing an up/down duplex inside an old raised-beds garden. The coop and run are screwed securely down to a solid wooden deck, but the garden has just deer fencing and no top netting except over a dog kennel to make a safe space for the newer Roo.. our birds are Orpington and Astralorp, hopefully too big to be prey for the hawks in our neighborhood.

The chair is a favorite perch for my Orp in other weather, and the weed hanging over the line swings in a breeze and gives him something interesting to investigate. Once he comes down into the yard again I will put gobs of peanut butter or suet with seeds mixed in on the ends of the branches.
The tripod holds a cabbage-on-a-rope, but nobody’s interested in it yet.

I’ve just this evening learned that I can put shavings or hay on top of the snow to encourage them to come out. Looking forward to the morning!

View attachment 1976292 View attachment 1976293
we got a bit of snow here too; I have two Roos who’re sharing an up/down duplex inside an old raised-beds garden. The coop and run are screwed securely down to a solid wooden deck, but the garden has just deer fencing and no top netting except over a dog kennel to make a safe space for the newer Roo.. our birds are Orpington and Astralorp, hopefully too big to be prey for the hawks in our neighborhood.

The chair is a favorite perch for my Orp in other weather, and the weed hanging over the line swings in a breeze and gives him something interesting to investigate. Once he comes down into the yard again I will put gobs of peanut butter or suet with seeds mixed in on the ends of the branches.
The tripod holds a cabbage-on-a-rope, but nobody’s interested in it yet.

I’ve just this evening learned that I can put shavings or hay on top of the snow to encourage them to come out. Looking forward to the morning!

Ooh thats a lot of snow!

Back
Top Bottom