HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Fall/Autumn Poultry PHOTO Contest

Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Sponsored by,

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ch-a-long-2016-w-hosts-mike-sally-bantychooks
OtqCnWcxsAk8d8xH16zA8Vvm9oInsYqaMdHvBYq9Ru3VSHipVE8Dt-N9v09FcyEorshsUdHlDjeXuqQC4LS59-my6mNPldhZCpxN_cHXo3g-QIAL78hrUC-ZIkvB9qQMsRT0Cqfx
ytJvfF9gep_7CsULQ4xldI9VtMXroIRAd2SavvojlBx3pqiYIW7KmoqoavxLFfOAxn_HratwfgzM2yhz8AdMucaE5u0FA22ulD4I-yKgshQNgMnmpLJRid-NvnrQGuVsebkOBcQ2

Images by @lsmoondancer

54MYQblyXxJKx8vXzGMjlAg143sFO9zvdWrkUIGFC4xEI_hS0LX2Fexn2Djptuu25vEFU-c5AgeFvZcYxwnvC8X8bYbpSOmEuEw6OkB6f4eqB-RgmFeCTTpYGSkmeQqWjBAc_g6f
_icviDq0TCJSbq2TUye1UMmGMPzREPzDNMHhCkcS42V2eqaIOxSALEpr6gOtgXI-mvdNKZLwaoHrHgRfzPgGOArzTEt3Ph4ufNNe9nIlgMhbZPma-j4YmOHxKpJE4mSSphOWuMrj

Image by, @autumnhearth​

Entry Images should give a sense of fall!​
Examples: leaves, pumpkins, corn stalks, mums, beautiful fall landscape! Sorry NO humans permitted in images!

OPEN to ALL BYC Members!

Maximum of 4 entries per person

See RULES for complete Details!

t-9v6VuB0VknWtEcuc83yQFSGI36HbsWiBYklTvFI1A4AqHNsIdNvnOeSmCx8ta_Chp5tfeYJ_ZXOTDyUqk9jDHu3lZvFSRgIGFv9JcZhVpH6FWT-zXEfUopFNxE8Db-ln5t0R_S

Image by @Duck Hill

Last edited:
My quail eggs were set on Monday so will hatch long before Halloween. The bator is filled with a combination of eggs from a failure "jumbo breeder" of pharaohs, my own Mix of pharaoh/a&m mutts, and a breeders eggs who is going out of business including 30 random golden, silver, cinnamon and tibetan eggs. SPOOKY hatch coming up.
WOW!!! what cool sets to incubate!!! welcomeover!!!

So my duck eggs are in lock down today from my home flock... Had 1 internal pip already!! Woo! I candled this morning before I left for work when I put them in lock down and upped their humidity.

On a side note, I found my runted/stunted hen in the coop the other day hiding behind the nest boxes from all the other chickens... Super skinny and pale wattles/combs, and weak. Put her in the brooder with some vitamin water, and her own food. Took her 2 days to have a normal poop. She has always been weaker, but never really picked on. She hates being mounted by the roosters though... I think I'm going to have her raise the ducklings, she's always been a good momma to the chicks. She pretty much raised my Barnevelders after their hatch, and of course when the barnies went outside so did she until 3 days ago :(
fl.gif
Yay!!! sorry about the widdle one.

I MIGHT be in... Depends on eggs, I just got a styro bator, not 100% sure it will work for me, I need to give it a bleach bath, The person I got it from has used it and got chicks to hatch. so we will see!
YAY~~~~~ !!!! Hi sweets!!! Missed you!! @prizepete

I have a full 41 in the 'bator 5 days I'm so far! Power went out the other day and looking like a few blood rings, but a bunch of weird crosses and I'm hoping 3 khaki Campbells should make it!
fl.gif
oh no!!! sorry about the power outage!!

I'm in!

On 9/3 I set 24 Welsh Harlequin eggs, as of last night I have 17 that look good. I'm looking forward to the pitter patter of little duck feet!
WOW thats alot of Duckies!!!! Welcome!!!! glad your with us!!!

Well, today has just been a rock bottom kinda day. First my Singleton chick dies, then the kids find my normally feisty Cayuga drake practically lifeless and barely breathing.
hit.gif
I don't know if he is going to make it through the night. He is taking very shallow breaths, but otherwise not moving a muscle; not even holding up his own head. He was fine less than a half hour earlier when I was outside taking pictures of the flock. He was walking around grazing and bug hunting with his girls. We have had zero predator activity all summer. No hawks, owls, coyotes, or snakes. Not even the presence of vultures anywhere near our little farm since our neighbor stopped raising chickens last year. So, I don't know what could have caused this.
oh no!!! I am so sorry, awwwww poor thing
hugs.gif
such a lovely too! awww

I'm Here!!!!!

Boo.....
wee.gif
YAY!!!! welcome to BYC and the thread!!!! What are you gonna set or have set?

I'm still here, too! I will try to do a candling on my eggs in the incubator on Thursday night. That will make my 3rd day, and maybe I will be able to tell a little bit on if I have some Blue Australorp chicks to look forward to soon. These eggs are all from my own flock. My Splash male looks like he has started doing his job with my blacks, but I'm trying see if he has been trying to bluff me or not!
wink.png
fl.gif
Good luck with candle!!

Today is day 7 of our incubation of our silkie eggs. I'm afraid to candle them. I don't want to have to toss more eggs. I think out of the 8, I only have 3 that are viable, and that's not saying much since I still have 2 weeks to go. :eek:

Today is day 7 of our incubation of our silkie eggs. I'm afraid to candle them. I don't want to have to toss more eggs. I think out of the 8, I only have 3 that are viable, and that's not saying much since I still have 2 weeks to go. :eek:
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom