Halloween

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have no idea what got me thinking about it, but what is everyone doing this year for Halloween? It has to be one of my favorite seasons of all time and this is the first year I will not be going trick or treating. I think they have a really big dance at my school though, so that should be fun! I'm looking forward to decorating my dorm room for the holiday lol. Maybe some window stickies. I hope we can get dressed up too!

Last year for Halloween, I went to Salem, MA. That was a whole lot of fun! I think people there dress up all year round!

That is soooo crazy, I was thinking about Halloween yesterday. We don't do anything like go out, we like to say home and watch all the scary movies that come on tv. Halloween is one of my favorite times/(holiday?) of the year because the weather is beautiful and there's always a cool movie on.

I was thinking about it because a neighbor has pumpkins groing in his yard, and I have corn growing purely so I can use the stalks for decoration.

Last year we made the house look spooky and played spooky music. We have a lot of new kids that moved into the neighborhood this year, so I want to do MORE!!!!

Ok now this is crazy. I was just thinking about what we were going to do for Halloween.
I agree with the scary movies. I love Halloween time just for that. I will also decorate tons of pumkins and roast the seeds. mmmmmm
Our zoo does this great zoo halloween thing that I will probebly take my daughter to then go out and do the haunted places.

hit.gif
My kids have outgrown Boo at the Zoo. I used to go every year... Loved it! It was safe and the kids were happy cause they got candy.

Carving pumpkins just hasn't been as much fun since the knife slipped and I stabbed myself. It wasn't a bad cut, but I'll never forget how it felt to pull the knife back out. And my wrists get too sore to enjoy using all the little saws and such.

Last edited:
We usually have a big bonfire in the field, with a chili/hot dog roast/ hayride and end with s'mores. We do this on the weekend though either before or after Halloween. It has become a family tradition now. We usually have lots of people attend and everyone brings some kind of snack. We sit around the bonfire (we usually have a fireman in attendance
big_smile.png
) laugh and tell stories and then my DH hooks the tractor up to a trailer filled with hay and off they go. I usually stay home and go into the woods and scare them when they come through the woods. Now they all know I will scare them but they about pee their pants anyway each year.
lau.gif
Anyone in the vicinity this year is sure invited here!!

My birthday is on Halloween. All I really plan to do is go trick or treatingand maybe watch a couple scary movies with my friends.

I kind of want to dress my chicken's up this year. Maybe make a super-chicken cape or something. I heard of a couple people making chicken sweaters and that sounds cute too, they could be hipster-chickens for Halloween!

Absolute favorite "holiday" ---we do the haunted hayride which makes you get off the hay wagon at the woods and you have to walk thru, lots of bon fires burning, lots of "monsters" jumping out at you, small little haunted huts to walk or crawl thru, it's awesome!! We also do "fright fest" at 6 flags and of course I love to decorate the house for it. We don't get any trick or treaters out by us so we head over to my best friends house in town and rent a cotton candy machine and make fresh cotton candy for the kids and of course the parents LOL...Last year we had a line about a block long!! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!

Back
Top Bottom