Halloween!(:

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jadekaelyne, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jadekaelyne

jadekaelyne Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    So, I'm in what's called the International Thespian Society, and every year on Halloween, we go trick or treating in our town to collect canned goods. We call it Trick or Treat So Kid's Can Eat.:) We are required to dress up, and since two of my chickens are such babies with me and will ride on my shoulder, I decided that I would dress up as a pirate, and take the two of them along as my parrots!:) I've figured up a way to keep them on my shoulder even if they got scared, but my question is, what could I rig up to put on the back of my costume to keep them from pooping on me or the sidewalk, I wanna respect my city and all the kids who are trick or treating:) Any ideas on what i could do?:)

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I know they make Birdie poop bibs for large parrots-basically an absorbent cloth designed to fit over the shoulder of a human carrying a parrot-looks like a shawl. Google 'birdie poop bib' and see if that will work for you.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Either that or make a little diaper for them! I'm sure you could make one out of cute pirate material. If you google chicken diaper patterns, you should come up with something.

4. jadekaelyne

jadekaelyne Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    [​IMG] this is a picture of me on halloween with my roo!:) he stayed up there the whole time, no poop on me. He was very good. Unfortunately yesterday he went missing, and I'm really worried about him):

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by