HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally, & BantyChooks

I'd say Ralphie wins the gold on this one! Well done sir, well done!
gig.gif

I would like to thank you for this. I guess I just have a God given talent to be artistic. I know not everyone can do this art stuff like I do and I promise if I win not to laud this over any of you, too much. Maybe....

I would like to thank you for this. I guess I just have a God given talent to be artistic. I know not everyone can do this art stuff like I do and I promise if I win not to laud this over any of you, too much. Maybe....

You're welcome. When you possess that much talent, you're entitled to laud away Ralphie.

I concede to your superior artistic nature (and continue to laugh hysterically...your posts kill me
lol.png
)

I have decided to enter a 2nd entry!

I call this the "Classic Halloween Costume Egg" Or " Ghost Trick or treater"

Because Banty likes to find frauds that were not made by the person entering them I have decided to show you the work I went too.

So first I made the "sheet"

Then I painted the face on the "sheet" using a permanent marker. This proved to be an error, I will show you later.

Once this is done you have to make a stand to hold the egg and make it look like it is levitating.
I used an empty vitamin bottle.

Next remove the cap from the bottle

Now comes the tricky part. You must balance an egg perfectly on the bottle. This took 14 attempts to get it right.

Finally carefully cover the egg and the project is done

I completed this project in less than 4 hours. I think I could do the next one faster.

Now to show you why to not use a permanent marker

I know it is an old table, but I doubt that will make a difference to my Spouse. I am thinking I may have to throw the grandkids under the bus on this one, she never gets upset at things they do.

If you attempt this at home, good luck!

Brilliant idea ..
clap.gif

Why don't you enter the table decoration under the Halloween decorating contest??
lau.gif

Actually I think our boo-boos add character to table tops - I drop hammers on my every now and then for effect
wink.png

Umm, duck hater, if it makes you feel any better about your table, we are in the process of refinishing our table. 13 years of children just are not good to tables. Not that I would ever call YOU a child......

Umm, duck hater, if it makes you feel any better about your table, we are in the process of refinishing our table. 13 years of children just are not good to tables. Not that I would ever call YOU a child......

Duck Hater?? Moi??? (BTW it is a good thing I reread this, I hit a letter next to the U in duck....whew,,,)

I almost had another round of BYC secret probation and detention.....

I am a duck lover, I have said over and over they make good compost. My ancestors use to throw a duck carcass under every hill of corn to improve the yield.

I really do like duck, fixed in sauerkraut. As much as I like ducks I like Humans more so my warnings about ducks are to help mankind ( or womankind, if you want to be PC)....

Now back to the table.. This table was the first piece of furniture we bought 44 years ago when we first got married. It is showing it's age. We have thought about having it re-finished but cannot find a place to have it done.

The WWD keeps talking about getting a new one. I do not want a new one. And on the plus side she has not seen the "smiley" face. I manage to have something over it most the time, a book or phone etc. I plan to keep it covered until after the grandkids are here and I can give them markers to play with at the table. See Grandkids do have a value as scapegoats.

Okay, putting the finishing touches on entry number 2. I know I said I was only doing the one since I was a little fuzzy on the rules for how many eggs/entries, but once that got cleared up and I knew I was good to go I decided to do one more.

Back
Top Bottom