HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally, & BantyChooks

Quote: Thank you! I do that crazy stuff on my nails. It was SUPER nice to be able to do it all with my right hand. I did it with acrylic paint, which is what I do all detail stuff on my nails with...and you can "sort of" correct mistakes.

Quote: Thank you! Ok, don't laugh...but the purple background is sponged and the sponge was disintegrating. It worked out but a bit differently than I planned the moon behind the house isn't supposed to have the darker purple but that's sponge...
gig.gif
Who knew sponges got old?
I've hundreds of Halloween images I've collected over the years. The three eggs are based on these...

The pics make my eggs look bad...lol. I put my own twists on them to make it work on the egg.
The feather egg did NOT turn out at all like what I had in my head.
hmm.png
Disappointing but what the hay.

Not holding out hope of winning the egg contest. Seeing all the beautiful egg's on here, they make my entry look ridiculous.
Quote: Your eggs are NOT ridiculous. I agree with Rod...everyone has an equal chance of winning!
woot.gif

You're eggs LOOK like Sonny and Cher. I can't paint or draw a face to save my life! I think it's great that you put your eggs in.
It's fantastic to see everyone's creations!

In the pumpkin contest, of all the amazing pumpkins loaded to the thread...the one with the tiny face from mlm Mike is the one I remember most.
Best of luck to you and everyone else on the thread!

I had WAY more fun doing the eggs than I thought I would. That alone plus seeing everyone else's eggs makes it great!

Quote: Thank you! I did all mine yesterday AND my pumpkin...and I didn't get done all the eggs I wanted to so my groups are not what I was thinking. Mines pretty much thrown together too.
hmm.png
I'm just thrilled I managed to pull off the scary face egg. Next time I go out for Halloween, I'm going to be that.
celebrate.gif

Yours are great! We especially like the monster inc ones (we like monsters inc...lol!) I'm so far behind I hadn't commented on the ones coming in and I've been reading on my phone while we're away...and then I don't know where I am. Like today again.
roll.png

I'm liking them too for decorations but I forget way too easy that they're still intact eggs. I thought I'd just toss them but now I hate too.
sad.png

But I don't an explosion either. I'm on the fence...lol. I might try the desiccating mentioned earlier in the thread.

What is the feather one? I love the haunted house and I think it's cool with the dark purple on the moon like the craters.
Hey..hi!!
frow.gif
The second one has a guinea feather in front of it's face.
I was thinking two darker guinea feathers in the front and have eyes looking through a split in the feathers. Mr Marshmallow man took up too much time and I just couldn't get the feathers to look like what I wanted.
th.gif
I improvised with animal print but isn't as bold as I meant it to be.
hmm.png

Thank you for liking how the imperfections worked out! That actual pic is one of my favorite backgrounds for my computer at Halloween...lol.
I'm learning with the nail art that there is no perfection. You just have to embrace the look you created and own it.
VERY hard for a perfectionist to learn..(pointing at myself)
tongue.png

Your eggs are NOT ridiculous. I agree with Rod...everyone has an equal chance of winning! :woot You're eggs LOOK like Sonny and Cher. I can't paint or draw a face to save my life! I think it's great that you put your eggs in. It's fantastic to see everyone's creations! In the pumpkin contest, of all the amazing pumpkins loaded to the thread...the one with the tiny face from mlm Mike is the one I remember most. Best of luck to you and everyone else on the thread! I had WAY more fun doing the eggs than I thought I would. That alone plus seeing everyone else's eggs makes it great! Thank you! I did all mine yesterday AND my pumpkin...and I didn't get done all the eggs I wanted to so my groups are not what I was thinking. Mines pretty much thrown together too. :/ I'm just thrilled I managed to pull off the scary face egg. Next time I go out for Halloween, I'm going to be that. :celebrate Yours are great! We especially like the monster inc ones (we like monsters inc...lol!) I'm so far behind I hadn't commented on the ones coming in and I've been reading on my phone while we're away...and then I don't know where I am. Like today again. :rolleyes: I'm liking them too for decorations but I forget way too easy that they're still intact eggs. I thought I'd just toss them but now I hate too.:( But I don't an explosion either. I'm on the fence...lol. I might try the desiccating mentioned earlier in the thread.
Thank you! Monsters Inc. is a favorite here as well. Haha! I did my eggs and my pumpkin all yesterday too! I procrastinate on everything. If I ever enter anything, it doesn't get turned in till minutes before it's due, lol. Your scary face egg is very cool too. That'll be a neat costume :) Is this where someone posted about the desiccating thing? I wanted to try it out but couldn't remember where I saw it at!! I'd hate to throw away my decorated eggs because of all the work that went into them! :th

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom