ChickenHamster

Chirping
Nov 8, 2020
Haha, I suppose now since I'm on here I gotta ask:
Any hammy owners?!?

This is my lil baby:

She's a female roborovski, and around a year and 3 months old :D
Just bc I like giving hamster information ;):
She lives in a bin cage, giving her around 700+sqin of floorspace (measuring where the bedding is)
And she has her sand bath just over 1/3 of her cage
And I would say she is pretty tame haha, she doesn't really like being picked up or pet, but she's more or less comfortable around me at least a lot more than when I first got her! She came from my friend who needed to rehome her!

Also don't worry y'all, I may seem obsessed with hamsters, but I swear I've been looking at all these chicken topics too 😅😂

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own hamsters but I love them and know a lot about them.
And ohmygoodness she is adorable!!!!!
What's your setup like??

Thank you! She lives in a bin cage! The largest one I could find haha, with 10"+ of bedding to keep her happy. And since she is a robo 1/3 of her cage is sand! She's a lot happier in her new home than last. Her last home she only had around 200sqin of floorspace, and around 2-3" of bedding and no sand bath :/
But she was so much happier once I got her and upgraded :wee
In less than two weeks I'm going to be getting a multi-chamber hide and some cork logs and grapevine for her too! I'm trying to make it a more natural theme :D
f7f7cdfe-7c45-4996-8be7-4b64d2a97601.jpg
Here's another pic just for fun haha (also just want to say, that's her first sand bath haha, her current one is much larger of course!)

Also you should totally get a hamster if you love them a lot ;)

Last edited:
Thank you! She lives in a bin cage! The largest one I could find haha, with 10"+ of bedding to keep her happy. And since she is a robo 1/3 of her cage is sand! She's a lot happier in her new home than last. Her last home she only had around 200sqin of floorspace, and around 2-3" of bedding and no sand bath :/
But she was so much happier once I got her and upgraded :wee
In less than two weeks I'm going to be getting a multi-chamber hide and some cork logs and grapevine for her too! I'm trying to make it a more natural theme :D
View attachment 2406131 Here's another pic just for fun haha (also just want to say, that's her first sand bath haha, her current one is much larger of course!)

Also you should totally get a hamster if you love them a lot ;)
That's awesome! I'm glad she has lots of space and things to do. So many people put them in those little plastic cages from the pet stores.
She looks so happy!

I would love to get a hamster in the future, but my mom doesn't want me getting any more pets right now. I also want a rabbit, ducks, and snake (not all at once though probably).
But once I get my own house or we move somewhere with more land and space I'd love to get one.

That's awesome! I'm glad she has lots of space and things to do. So many people put them in those little plastic cages from the pet stores.
She looks so happy!

I would love to get a hamster in the future, but my mom doesn't want me getting any more pets right now. I also want a rabbit, ducks, and snake (not all at once though probably).
But once I get my own house or we move somewhere with more land and space I'd love to get one.

Thanks! I definitely wanted to do my research before getting her, so I'm glad I did!

Same here haha, my mom didn't even want my hammy, but since I pay for everything and she lives in my room my mom allows it for now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any more pets after her though. My ma didn't even want our bearded dragon :hmm but my dad just went out and bought her (From a guy on craigslist, not pet store! :) )

I just want every pet though haha, when I move out I'll be getting them all too. If you are ever able to get a hammy LET ME KNOWWWW! I want pics! Or just any other pet in general haha, I love them all! :D

Quick Question: Do you happen to be on HH/Hamster Hideout? It's a forum for us hamster owners/lovers haha.

Thanks! I definitely wanted to do my research before getting her, so I'm glad I did!

Same here haha, my mom didn't even want my hammy, but since I pay for everything and she lives in my room my mom allows it for now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any more pets after her though. My ma didn't even want our bearded dragon :hmm but my dad just went out and bought her (From a guy on craigslist, not pet store! :) )

I just want every pet though haha, when I move out I'll be getting them all too. If you are ever able to get a hammy LET ME KNOWWWW! I want pics! Or just any other pet in general haha, I love them all! :D

Quick Question: Do you happen to be on HH/Hamster Hideout? It's a forum for us hamster owners/lovers haha.
I'll definitely be sharing lots of pictures if/when I get one. And s/he will probably have an Instagram too.
I currently have two dogs, Rosie (a Yorkie), and Teddy (a Maltipoo). A House Gecko, a fish tank, and a koi pond. I have two wild Mallards that visit every spring and stay at our house all the time, but I don't know if that counts lol. They eat right out of my hands and follow me everywhere though.
I don't have any good pictures on my laptop but once my phone charges I'll attach some pictures of them

I haven't heard of Hamster Hideout before, but I'll make an account!

My friend (who now lives in Pennsylvania) had a hamster but he passed away recently. When she's ready to get another one I'm going to help her get a better setup. Her last one, Sugar, she got from the pet store, and though I talked her out of getting one of those small plastic cages from the pet store the cage she ordered was still small.
So this time (if she does decide to another one) she's going to get one from a good breeder and I'm going to help her get the right setup.
I've sent her pictures from Pinterest of large fish tank setups. That way there will be plenty of space for bedding and hideouts, as well as a large sand bath.

I'll definitely be sharing lots of pictures if/when I get one. And s/he will probably have an Instagram too.
I currently have two dogs, Rosie (a Yorkie), and Teddy (a Maltipoo). A House Gecko, a fish tank, and a koi pond. I have two wild Mallards that visit every spring and stay at our house all the time, but I don't know if that counts lol. They eat right out of my hands and follow me everywhere though.
I don't have any good pictures on my laptop but once my phone charges I'll attach some pictures of them

I haven't heard of Hamster Hideout before, but I'll make an account!

My friend ( who know lives in Pennsylvania) had a hamster but he passed away recently. When she's ready to get another one I'm going to help her get a better setup. Her last one, Sugar, she got from the pet store, and though I talked her out of getting one of those small plastic cages from the pet store the cage she ordered was still small.
So this time (if she does decide to another one) she's going to get one from a good breeder and I'm going to help her get the right setup.
I've sent her pictures from Pinterest of large fish tank setups. That way there will be plenty of space for bedding and hideouts, as well as a large sand bath.

Awesome pets! They sound amazing!! And I'm sure you do great at taking care of them :D

And great job convincing your friend not to get a pet store cage! I'm not sure what ethical breeders live in Pennsylvania, but adopting is another great option as well! The hamster will probably still be from a pet store, but at least you won't be supporting the mills by adopting :highfive:

An ethical breeder is awesome as well of course!! I hope she's able to get a great hammy and provide a good life! You are awesome for trying to help her!

Also just a fair warning for Hamster Hideout, it's an amazing place! And a very welcoming community. But sometimes people might get a bit upset, and there are a few trolls- so just ignore them! I'm on there everyday haha, so you'll definitely see me around there! But it's a lot less active than this forum. And a bit old haha, but still great nonetheless!

Back
Top Bottom