Hand Feeding Quail Help Please

sweetshoplady

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Venice, Florida
The last quail to hatch is like the little quail hunchback of Notre Dame. I have him separate from the others. He is able to stand and is able to eat and drink a little bit. He seems much steadier than he was even earlier today.

I want to give him a chance to make it, he's pretty active. How do I hand feed him? I thought that it might be a help to him.

Since he can stand, just put some crumbles in your hand to wheren he's able to manouver to peck at it and wait.
smile.png
Is all I can say....if he can't even do that, you may have many months to years of having to force open his beak to fill his crop.

I have a hen that is deformed not sure where in her skeletal system she's deformed however she stands up straight like an owl would instead of how normal coturnix stand and it makes her neck really short she can eat very well and everything but she's going ot a pet home this upcoming wednesday because I dont want to accidentally breed more deformies. She's extreemly adorable though and calm so she will not end up a snack.

yeah, just offer food in your hand to him.

Dill, my duck is very picky and won't eat sometimes so i have to hand-feed her or mash up her pellets, make them in the shape of balls (she likes to eat them then) , etc.

Back
Top Bottom