Hand raised muscovy duck questions.

Crywild

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 20, 2009
Talent, OR
I have a 4 week old muscovy that was hand raised and is totally imprinted on people. (Her mother killed the other 2 that hatched, she was saved) She needs to be moved outside and gradually introduced to the rest of the flock. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
I was thinking if I found a friend duck about her age it might go better, but can only get another duck either 2 weeks older or younger than her. We did build another duck box and can easily keep her separate. Please help. She would rather sit on the couch with us and watch TV than be with her own kind.

Sorry, please move this thread to right location.

Last edited:
I have a 4 week old muscovy that was hand raised and is totally imprinted on people. (Her mother killed the other 2 that hatched, she was saved) She needs to be moved outside and gradually introduced to the rest of the flock. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
I was thinking if I found a friend duck about her age it might go better, but can only get another duck either 2 weeks older or younger than her. We did build another duck box and can easily keep her separate. Please help. She would rather sit on the couch with us and watch TV than be with her own kind.

Sorry, please move this thread to right location.
I would advise adding a friend around the same age for introducing. I personally would go for the 2 weeks older for the purpose of reintroducing them. I would separate a section so all of the other birds can see them but not harm them.

Back
Top Bottom