Hands on hatching and help

:lau I thought you meant I didn't tell lizardboy which way to go....to help yet or not. :lol:
Not sure what you are referring to?
they are moving I didn't have this with my chicken eggs though

they are moving I didn't have this with my chicken eggs though

Looks to me like dried blood. Like maybe an inactive blood vessel dried up. If the duckling is still moving, I would try not to worry. Not much you can do about it at this point. Except keep your nose open, just in case. :fl

The air cell looks a little off shape. What day is that egg on?

Aww congratulations they are so cute!!

Awww how sweet! Those tufts on their heads are crests. Read up on them, they "can" cause issues, and you don't want to mate two of them together. But they are really cute. I have one crested drake.

I'm so happy to see you having a better hatch!
Are they vaults like silkies?
How can you tell if they have yolk if the aren't pipped?
@WVduckchick @RavynFallen @Pyxis . Are some of our resident duck hatchers.

Thank you! Yes, a few people have commented on the crested having issues, especially breeding. I have 2 crested and 2 non..so thinking keeping one of each is a safe way to go
smile.png
A friend is actually taking 2 so is this a good recommendation? My last duckling hatched yesterday...for a total of four adorable ducklings
love.gif

Baby number 4

And all 4 snuggled together
love.gif

I can't thank everyone enough for all the help and support in hatching my quails, chicks and ducks
smile.png
I LOVE THIS THREAD
hugs.gif

Thank you! Yes, a few people have commented on the crested having issues, especially breeding. I have 2 crested and 2 non..so thinking keeping one of each is a safe way to go:) A friend is actually taking 2 so is this a good recommendation? My last duckling hatched yesterday...for a total of four adorable ducklings:love Baby number 4 And all 4 snuggled together:love I can't thank everyone enough for all the help and support in hatching my quails, chicks and ducks:) I LOVE THIS THREAD:hugs
Congrats!

Looks to me like dried blood. Like maybe an inactive blood vessel dried up. If the duckling is still moving, I would try not to worry. Not much you can do about it at this point. Except keep your nose open, just in case. :fl

The air cell looks a little off shape. What day is that egg on?
They don't have long hopefully all will be fine. These are on day 21 why is that a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom