Hands on hatching and help

I had decided to leave the eggs with the brood hoping that the smashing of the two eggs was an accident. The other 8 still haven't hatched and im on day 23 1/2. I'm so bummed. I thought a hen would be easier than the incubator but i got zero chicks.

I had decided to leave the eggs with the brood hoping that the smashing of the two eggs was an accident. The other 8 still haven't hatched and im on day 23 1/2. I'm so bummed. I thought a hen would be easier than the incubator but i got zero chicks.

Depending on your weather, and how much she stayed on the eggs, or got off the eggs, they could still hatch. Especially if she is still on them. Somehow they seem to know when they are bad or aren't going to hatch. So we'll keep fingers crossed! :fl

She rarely comes off. I would hold food and water in front of her everyday and finally yesterday she hopped off and took a dust bath and took the biggest dump I've ever seen. I kind of wish I had video taped it. It was a world record poo. I think that I'll leave her and the eggs alone until Saturday and if they aren't hatched by then I may have to do a science experiment with the kids. If these don't hatch I'm trying a different brood box and seeing if that helps or I'll go back to the incubator.

She rarely comes off. I would hold food and water in front of her everyday and finally yesterday she hopped off and took a dust bath and took the biggest dump I've ever seen. I kind of wish I had video taped it. It was a world record poo. I think that I'll leave her and the eggs alone until Saturday and if they aren't hatched by then I may have to do a science experiment with the kids. If these don't hatch I'm trying a different brood box and seeing if that helps or I'll go back to the incubator.

Broody poop is definitely something to behold! :lau

(your nose is something else to be-held!) :lau:lau

Anyone hatched a chicken egg without an aircell? Just checked on my polish eggs and they are the strangest looking eggs I've ever seen!! Day 22 now got one internal pip but that's one of the more normal looking ones another seems to have veins everywhere in the egg

Anyone hatched a chicken egg without an aircell? Just checked on my polish eggs and they are the strangest looking eggs I've ever seen!! Day 22 now got one internal pip but that's one of the more normal looking ones another seems to have veins everywhere in the egg
Are these in an incubator? If so, your humidity is too high and they will drown if trying to peep. I would assist.

Are these in an incubator? If so, your humidity is too high and they will drown if trying to peep. I would assist.
So strange I've done the dry hatch with these I can't understand why the humidity is so high. I have been thinking about assisting I don't know where to start though as I usually poke a hole in the aircell but one doesn't have an aircell?

Back
Top Bottom